Thread: Hello from NE Ohio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I lived in NE Ohio till about 2 years ago. There is a good number of great falconers in the Cleveland area. You should join the Ohio Falconry Association.

Also for vacations, you can trap a red-tailed in the fall and release it in the spring so you will have your summers without a bird and can spend time with family and vacations. I have an old apprentice that does this and works great for her.
    Aimee P.

Oddly enough the Ohio meet was this past Sunday in Columbus. I was unable to attend. It would have been a great place to meet fellow Falconers and join the OFA that day. Definatly plan on going next year. Interesting concept on the vacation solution. Not sure i would not get attached to a bird be able to release it lol.

Joby Guest

Hi Nighthawk!
    Welcome to our obsession. Before the police get on you, you'll want to sign your posts with at least your real first name. It's one of the only rules we have around here and it helps keep things "pleasant" if you know what I mean.

Sorry you missed the picnic on Sunday here in Columbus. I'm the OFA Apprentice Director, so if you're interested in joining the club shoot me a pm and I'll get you straightened away. Also, I spent a good deal of time in the NE part of the state, as my sponsor was from the area. There are indeed a lot of good falconers, that I count also amongst my friends, up in your neck of the woods.
    -Joe

Falconry is done on many levels. Some hunt daily in fall and winter. Some hunt year long. X some release birds each year. Some keep them for twenty years. Some hunt 3 times a week. Some hunt more than once a day. The more you fly the bird, the better they usually are.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    Hi Nighthawk!
    Welcome to our obsession. Before the police get on you, you'll want to sign your posts with at least your real first name. It's one of the only rules we have around here and it helps keep things "pleasant" if you know what I mean.

Sorry you missed the picnic on Sunday here in Columbus. I'm the OFA Apprentice Director, so if you're interested in joining the club shoot me a pm and I'll get you straightened away. Also, I spent a good deal of time in the NE part of the state, as my sponsor was from the area. There are indeed a lot of good falconers, that I count also amongst my friends, up in your neck of the woods.
    -Joe
    Yea sorry i missed the meet. Would have been a great day for me. Was all set to go and something came up that had to be done. Ok on the Signature. Don't want any trouble first day on the job lol.
    Steve Hubbard - Northeast Ohio

Thread Information