Quote Originally Posted by jkruer01 View Post
I think it is important to note that Steve Layman works with accipiters and specifically goshawks mainly. There are a lot of things you can get away with when dealing with a RT or a HH that won't fly so to speak when dealing with an accipiter.

With that being said, a buddy of mine is friends with Steve Layman and he taught me most of Steve Layman's techniques and I use them with my RTs. Sure it may be a little extra work but in the end I think it is worth it. Besides, it will be a good experience for me once I move into the accipiters.

Jeremy
The Imprint into Accipiter article was developed while he was working with Prairie falcons. He also usually has a flock of apprentices that he is teaching, and during the time he wrote that article he was guiding them to try his ideas on redtails.

He has specialized in goshawks for the last 13 years, and that is exclusively what he has flown for falconry with the exception of one coopers hawk.

But he has flown almost everything available for falconry, and trained many that are not used for falconry for others.