Hypothetically, shocking a bird to stop screaming or prevent landing could work. Birds of prey definitely understand punishment. Fledgling Peregrines fly around begging from their parents. This is tolerated for a time but eventually the parents decide they are done caring for their babies and will stoop them knocking the snot outta those juvies until they are quiet or leave. If a young eagle wonders into the territory of an adult pair, they are not very nice in how they get rid of that intruder. Hawks will crab and harass one another until one gives up it's prey and flies off.

Most of these punishments result in the bird flying away or off though, not something that we want our birds to do. I'm not advocating punishment as a training method for birds of prey, and I do not use use it, shoot I don't even man birds, but I do take into consideration that animals, including raptors, do use punishment as a form of leaning in the wild. There are many ways to do things, falconry is a great example of that. 10 different falconers can do things 10 different ways and all have healthy birds, catch the same amount of the same quarry, great manners, quiet, perfect birds. The biggest problem is that all 10 of those falconers think that their way is best.