Thread: SheepSkin Skiver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SheepSkin Skiver

Attention hood makers. I have a limited supply of skiver, perfect for rolled neck piping, inside seams and lining for hoods, the hides are not big averaging approx 10sq feet. Paper thin, tissue soft. I have seen the same skiver advertised @ 9.95 per sq ft, mine is 6.50 per sq. ft.
    Excellent price and excellent quaility.
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

Ken, I could really use some skiver. Can it be ordered and paid for through your website?

Regards,

Steve
    Steve Schwartze
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by schwartze View Post
    Ken, I could really use some skiver. Can it be ordered and paid for through your website?

Regards,

Steve
    Hello Steve, I think the best way to order is to tell me how many hides or approx. how many ft. you require, I will then pull the hides, tell you what I have, price etc. and then you can Pay Pal me directly. It might be hard to put on the site as the hides vary so much in size.
    Let me know,,
    Ken Hooke

Yes the paper thin skiver is almost impossable to get. I can not find it anymore in the states. Tandy no longer carries any at all and Hide Crafters no longer carries it but will sometimes get some pieces in.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Nice price and a nice deal. Hard to find such down here in the states unless ya have a "good" repore w/ yer Tandy man. I would urge anyone to take Ken up on this. It's about $3 cheaper / sq than I can presently get.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    Nice price and a nice deal. Hard to find such down here in the states unless ya have a "good" repore w/ yer Tandy man. I would urge anyone to take Ken up on this. It's about $3 cheaper / sq than I can presently get.
    It is hard to find , a few years ago I bought every hide in Canada that was available from Tandys. They were discontinuing(sp) so bought it all.. I am offering a very fair price and it is quality skiver.
    I've got quite a bit Rich so if you need any,,
    Ken Hooke

Thanks to all that have purchased hides,, I still got lots if anyone needs!
    Ken Hooke

Whoa, Ken, I came home from a business trip today to find a package of beautiful skiver slipped behind the back screen door! You're a man of efficiency! Cheque goes out in the morning.

It's really nice skin. I might just have you send more since it's available. Any left?

Thanks!

Steve
    Steve Schwartze
    Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by schwartze View Post
    Whoa, Ken, I came home from a business trip today to find a package of beautiful skiver slipped behind the back screen door! You're a man of efficiency! Cheque goes out in the morning.

It's really nice skin. I might just have you send more since it's available. Any left?

Thanks!

Steve
    Glad you like it, I think it is really nice. I am hoping to be sold out within a week or so, fingers crossed but at this moment still have some, let me know. Sending out 13 hood orders tomorrow so cuuld have in the mail then.
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by sakerjack View Post
    Attention hood makers. I have a limited supply of skiver, perfect for rolled neck piping, inside seams and lining for hoods, the hides are not big averaging approx 10sq feet. Paper thin, tissue soft. I have seen the same skiver advertised @ 9.95 per sq ft, mine is 6.50 per sq. ft.
    Excellent price and excellent quaility.
    Well I hate to say this but I have more skiver for sale. Seems one of the Falconry Suppliers on here agreed to purchase all my hides at a very fair price and now has changed his mind. In my world when someone verbally agrees to a deal, the deal is done. I immediately posted that all hides were sold as we agreed to, problem is, he has not fulfilled his part of our deal.
    What really upsets me, is that I have lost sales over the past 3 weeks because I was holding them for him. Good thing I didn't agree to make him hoods.
    SO Hood makers I have lots of premiun skiver still left.
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by sakerjack View Post
    Well I hate to say this but I have more skiver for sale. Seems one of the Falconry Suppliers on here agreed to purchase all my hides at a very fair price and now has changed his mind. In my world when someone verbally agrees to a deal, the deal is done. I immediately posted that all hides were sold as we agreed to, problem is, he has not fulfilled his part of our deal.
    What really upsets me, is that I have lost sales over the past 3 weeks because I was holding them for him. Good thing I didn't agree to make him hoods.
    SO Hood makers I have lots of premiun skiver still left.
    PM sent
    Greg

Hey Ken,

I Recieved the Skiver a few days back. Nicest I have ever had.
    Thanks again.

Greg
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by canvibe View Post
    Hey Ken,

I Recieved the Skiver a few days back. Nicest I have ever had.
    Thanks again.

Greg
    Hello Greg, I am pleased you like it, as I said it is very nice stuff. Cannot wait to see a few hoods from you,
    Ken Hooke

I have about 8-10 hides left in case anyone is interested.
    Ken Hooke

Thread Information