Thread: 2011 Nafa Meet CoonAss Shrimp Boil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2011 Nafa Meet CoonAss Shrimp Boil

OK, a few of you on here have been to the past shrimp boils at the NAFA MEETS. It is always on wednesday around noon. This year will be no exception gonna be bringing 75-100 pounds of nice Texas Gulf Shrimp and 30 pounds of Zummos party time links,made a few miles down the road in Beaumont. hope to find some fresh corn in Vernal. Those of you that have had the pleasure of attending in the past need to RAZ on Chris Lyn our fearless leader to hang around long enough on Wednesday and join us this year. For those who have not been to the boil it is open to any one minimum donation of $5 no maximum. All money after expenses go to next years boil. I had $200 from last year and that goes to buy the shrimp. See Y'all in Vernal!!

Chris
    Comeaux
    IT'S NOT THE KILL...IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE!

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Ill be there (with apron!!) to help cook and drink the Ziegan if required mate!!
    ''I gotta life,that most would love to have,..but sometimes i still wake up fightin' mad..''
    Gaz..

Gaz, your apron and help are always required and appreciated my friend!,will have plenty of Ziegenbock !

Chris
    Comeaux

"Emperor Coon Ass"

...and I won't be far away, Bro.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

And neither will Brandi and I! Look forward to it!!!
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Should be awesome! Looking forward to it!
    Ryan - Boise, ID
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote Originally Posted by mewskeeper View Post
    OK, a few of you on here have been to the past shrimp boils at the NAFA MEETS. It is always on wednesday around noon. This year will be no exception gonna be bringing 75-100 pounds of nice Texas Gulf Shrimp and 30 pounds of Zummos party time links,made a few miles down the road in Beaumont. hope to find some fresh corn in Vernal. Those of you that have had the pleasure of attending in the past need to RAZ on Chris Lyn our fearless leader to hang around long enough on Wednesday and join us this year. For those who have not been to the boil it is open to any one minimum donation of $5 no maximum. All money after expenses go to next years boil. I had $200 from last year and that goes to buy the shrimp. See Y'all in Vernal!!

Chris
    I dont usually make the NAFA meets, and dont usually pay attention to the goings on there, but this really caught my attention. What a fun traditional party!

Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. Ironically I like the few I have eaten from land better than the ones everyone raves about from the water.

Even more sadly, my wife who really loves eating seafood wont be in Vernal until Wednesday evening and will miss this. Maybe I'll have to try some for her.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post
    I dont usually make the NAFA meets, and dont usually pay attention to the goings on there, but this really caught my attention. What a fun traditional party!

Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. Ironically I like the few I have eaten from land better than the ones everyone raves about from the water.

Even more sadly, my wife who really loves eating seafood wont be in Vernal until Wednesday evening and will miss this. Maybe I'll have to try some for her.
    Geoff, all ya have to do is make up a container for your wife to eat when she gets in!
    Comeaux

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. .[/QUOTE]

Its worth it for the corn and Zummos linksalone!! (just ask Miller).....give yourself a treat
    ''I gotta life,that most would love to have,..but sometimes i still wake up fightin' mad..''
    Gaz..

Had the food fair today for us poor folk and they had 10 pound bags of small red potatoes,told me that they had plenty, did I want more So 20 pounds of taters for the pot Gonna have to start cooking earlier this year Gaz
    Comeaux

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Quote Originally Posted by ukroper View Post
    Sadly, I dont enjoy eating bugs much. .
    Its worth it for the corn and Zummos linksalone!! (just ask Miller).....give yourself a treat[/QUOTE]

Oh, now fresh utah grown corn - THAT I would give just about anything for.

Some of my fondest memories are of enjoying summer evenings on my grandfathers porch in Vernal munchin on corn that was harvested just a few moments before it was cooked....chased down by watermellon that was plucked from its mothers embrace just a few minutes before I sank my tetth into it.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Thread Information