Hello, my name's Chris Harris and I'm new to NAFEX just wondering if there's anybody flying birds who lives in Hollywood/LA area? I'm a Pre-Apprentice but even if you don't have time to sponsor me I'd love to just follow you around asking questions about everything and help you to carry gear etc while you're out in the field. I'm willing to get bit, clean your mews, beat the brush, and get bit again if I can hang out with you and your birds.....

I'm not a total newbie, I have worked with RT Hawks, Eagles, Condors etc that my past clients in Nevada, Oregon & California have owned but they were educational/rehab birds and I want to learn REAL falconry

I have been dreaming of becoming a falconer since I was 12 years old - I'm 25 now so that means more than half my life and I'm not quitting anytime soon. My dream is to fly Accipiters like Northern Gos' or Coopers'. Golden Eagle would be fun too....hey I can dream right? Like I said it's been around 13 years of dreaming already so why not?

Anyways, I'm a pretty decent trainer when it comes to other animals. I do it for a living with parrots (I'm sure some of you will say "parrots are completely different than raptors" and I already know you're right. I said I've worked with BOP before remember?). I am a professional member of IAATE (International Association of Avian Trainers & Educators) and I am an AFA Certified Aviculturist. I am working towards a PhD in Psychology with an emphasis in Applied Behavior Analysis (like Dr. Skinner). I am a published author and have also been written about in at least 6 countries (most recently was a magazine called Papousci published in the Czech Republic). I have trained birds for the History Channel, the creators of HBO's hit show "True Blood", magicians and entertainers in Las Vegas, production companies in New York and Hollywood, Cirque Du Soliel and many, many, many more.

If you wouldn't mind somebody new hanging around asking questions about your birds and possibly sponsoring me if you feel up to it then feel free to give me a call at 775-513-4078, email me at PetBirds4u@gmail.com or write me a private message here. Wow, thanks for reading all that and Happy Flying!!! I hope to see you soon.....