Danny and Andy, can't thank you enough for following along and offering input. I can't tell you how nice it is to get rather immediate feedback when I should be doing something different rather than figuring it out after the error results in behaviors that are difficult to "undo".

A question on the lure. Is it appropriate to click multiple times while the bird is feeding? I ask this because Flick initially seemed very reluctant to feed from the lure. The response was odd. He was introduced to the lure indoors and was from the start reluctant to leave the fist for it. The reward is always at least 5x greater than a typical tidbit reward. Initially I attributed this to him feeling vulnerable eating on the ground with me towering over him. He will now fly to the ground for tidbits and is quick to get back on the fist. Yesterday, a bit off kilter from new jewelry, he immediately launched for the lure but flared off at the last second. Took him a full minute to jump down beside the lure and walk up to it. He snatched and tried to carry but could not because leash was restrained. When he settled in and bent to eat, I clicked initially or each bite. As I made in and started slowly stroking his back and legs, he started to mantle. I smoothed his wings back and when he took a bite without mantling, I would click. Is this appropriate reinforcement or should the click be simply when he is served the food? I am a bit concerned that I am click happy.