Thread: New to falconry (new mexico)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Oh...well, sure but not recently, which is what I thought you meant. Are you in high school and you were running with another guy and girl behind Northern Meadows off of King St? This was a couple of months ago probably. If that was you, I had this bird with me and he was chasing a jack rabbit...it's a Harris' hawk.

Yes yes and yes . Sorry I had to do a research paper on the swainsons hawk recently so it was the first name that came to mind

-Erick

Well, welcome to NAFEX. Click on the link below my name and do some reading there. The Modern Apprentice I recommended to you is a fantastic resource. After that, almost all of your questions can be answered by doing archive searches here.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions. I do recommend you get out with some falconers...myself or others are close by. Your parents will need to be involved also as there will be considerable expenses, facilities to build at your house, etc...but that's getting ahead of where you are at. Go out with some guys and see if you like it. It's a lot of work all year and to be blunt, falconry is hunting...not show and tell or pet keeping.

Ok sounds good.

Thread Information