Thread: 2012 PFHT Meet / Lewisburg PA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2012 PFHT Meet / Lewisburg PA

Join Us for the

2012 PFHT Field Meet

in Lewisburg PA

January 5th-7th, 2012

The 2012 PFHT field meet will be held in Central Pennsylvania, in the town of Lewisburg (home of Bucknell University), just 5 miles south of interstate 80.
    This is a game rich area and perfect for falconry! Bring your family - there’s lots to do!

There will be socials and presentations each night. With a banquet and Raffle on Saturday night!

Scott McNeff, NAFA Northeastern Director will be the speaker at the banquet.

Wildlife Photographer Rob Palmer with be in attendance as well as NAFA President, Larry Dickerson.

This year will be extraordinary because the choice of lodging.

The Country Cupboard boasts a campus setting with 2 hotels, restaurants, shops, a bakery, a greenhouse, a flower shop and a gift shop.

There's a lot to do off campus too. Downtown Lewisburg has quaint shops, restaurants and the newly restored Campus Theatre.

If you are planning on attending both of these foms and following the instructions on the form:

REQUIRED Hotel Registration Form

PFHT Field Meet Registration Form

Contact Mike Dupuy with any questions:
    301-633-8355, or email
    pfht2012@mikedupuyhawkfood.com

Receive a PFHT

2012 Coffee Mug
    and Meet Pin with
    your Registration!
    "You Promote What You Permit"...Hawkaholic Jim

Default 1 More Day

One more day until the PFHT meet starts.....hope to see you-all there........................jm

"You Promote What You Permit"...Hawkaholic Jim

I had a great time at this meet. I met a lot of awesome people and a enjoyed the hunts and presentations. I look forward to moving forward and finding a sponsor!

Just a couple shots I snapped at the meet:

And the hunt begins!

I thought this shot was neat. The falconer asked us to stay back while we transitioned across an 100yard field so the hawk could stage up. The bird came on the first whistle and it was an awesome sight!

My first experience of a catch. We flushed out a rabbit and she did a "wingover" (this terminology is killing me, haha) and had a perfect finish.

Getting ready for a hunt on the second day!

What a beautiful bird!

Neat picture I thought.

My current desktop wallpaper from the meet!

What made the meet a great first experience, all the great people!

I got a ton of pics, but wanted to share a handful! Thanks again to everyone there.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

Quote Originally Posted by gemiller View Post

Who's that funny looking tall guy with that tiny little bird in the middle of the picture.

Oh yea that's me and my Merlin.

Quote Originally Posted by joekoz View Post
    Who's that funny looking tall guy with that tiny little bird in the middle of the picture.

Oh yea that's me and my Merlin.
    Funny I only post one picture of people and someone in the picture sees it right away! How'd the meet go for you, success hunting? I think I recall hearing both Merlin's called for game pins but I can't remember.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

Every aspect of the meet was great at every level.
    • Weather - sunny and in the 50's
    • Location - on Saturday afternoon a number of folks flew right behind the hotel and put up over 25 rabbits
    • Accomodations at the hotel both sleeping and meeting rooms were top notch
    • Banquet
      • Incredibly large buffet that included everything from prime rib to over a dozen desert selections was more then anyone could ask for
      • Lot's of great raffel prizes. I won a elevator repeated sparrow trap
      • I experienced Scott McNeff's slide presentation at the New Jersey meet 2 seasons back, and enjoyed listening/watching once again his talk/presentation
    • Turn out - not sure what the official count was but someone mentioned over 100 people with over 80 attending the banquet
    • Presentations - In addition to Scott's, there was an outstanding presentation on Goshawks on Friday night, and although I wasn't there on Thursday night, I understand that Abby's (Chesapeakehawk here on NAFEX) presentation on her falconry experiences in the Middle East was excellent as well
    I believe that there were 3 Merlins at the meet with one taking a starling. My little lady wasn't the one that made the kill.

Thread Information