Hello all,
Bill asked me to post this message here on NAFEX.

On behalf of the California Hawking Club, I would like to wish you A Happy New Year. I hope your season is going well so far and that the best is yet to come. I also want to remind you that our annual field meet is less than a month away. This year’s meet will take place at the Red Lion Hotel, 1401 Arden Way Sacramento from January 25th until the 28th. This year’s meet, organized by Director Dan McClurg, promises to have all the components of an excellent falconry experience including game for longwingers, shortwingers, and those flying small birds. In addition to interesting speakers and a wide array of vendors, the best part of the meet will be the gathering of some of the world’s finest falconers. Whether you are new to the sport or a grizzled veteran, you are sure to learn new ideas, share experiences, make new acquaintances, or renew old friendships.

As you are aware, we have two years to complete adoption our falconry regulations to meet federal requirements. Completion of this process has been the primary focus of the CHC and will continue to be until we are compliant. I am happy to announce that we are not only on schedule but that Carrie Battistone, the DFG employee in charge of the adoption process, has agreed to attend the meet to update and reassure the club that the state is making steady progress in meeting its timeline.

In closing I want to remind you that pre-registration for the meet ends on January 8th. You have the option of either registering on-line at this address: http://www.calhawkingclub.org or filling out a form and submitting your application by mail before the deadline. I am looking forward to seeing you in Sacramento, and until then, good hawking

Bill Murphy