Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
Damnest thing happened today. The bloody wind quit blowing 40 bloody mph. Blue sky, almost 60F. Of course the bird was just a hair high.
Wife and I had to go to Petsmart 45 mi. away to shop for a sweater for the dachschund. That in itself put me in a peachy mood. The fact that we didn't get back until I could see thermals rising myself intensified the peachiness.

No way I was going to fly him high in "jubilant air" ( I do like the way that sounds). So it was a launcher leash day.

Hawk was fussy as all hell in mews. He settled a bit when I got his new MAYNES ANGLO hood on him. He settled completely after he got a bit of a crop, 1/2 rat cut up for jump ups. Leashed him back up and hooded him.

Decided to weather him on the fist, as I needed to sit in the warm sunshine and be calm too.

I love the fit of this hood ! More important, the redtail loves the fit of this hood ! When it was off, he was calmly looking around. When the hood was on he went to sleep. I could tell by his grip and the fact that his beak was resting on my chest.

A true testimonial of a great fitting hood in my opinion. Someone posted that it seemed like Ken had snuck into their mews and measured their bird.
I second that !
Funny how a little thing like a properly fitting hood can turn a crap day into a tolerable one.

Thanks Ken.
Dan you mention that I snuck in and measured the bird.. Not so much for redtails but Jim Nelson's book has every measurement of raptor you could think of, the measurment information in it has already proved itself many times over. It certainly takes the guess work out of where to start.