Quote Originally Posted by Marli View Post
QUOTE=RT-Angel Fire;227243]Welcome Marli!

I was in SA in May of last year. I went out hawking with Tim Wagner (think was his name), Francois VanAs, Leon Haveman, and Alec Glyphis to name a few. I also had the liberty of meeting Steven Vanreinsberg at Penryn college where falconry is offered as an elective course. I had a fantastic times e while I was there and can't wait to return.

You must be in Nelspruit huh?
I live in Bloemfontein in the Free state. Wow what an oppurtunity to have met Steven. When will you be visiting again ?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Marli, I was just headed out the door and missed that you said where you were located. I was just really excited to see that someone new from SA was on this site.

Yes, Steven was quite pleasant. In fact everone was extremely hospitable. I got to see a Jackal Buzzard fly in the rugby field and I donated Ed Pritchers book (The Flying of Falcons) to the Penryn college library before I left.
The experience would have been better but I'd tried to keep up with the Afrikaans in the game of drink the night before and failedI loved watching that little Af-gos fly on Blacksmith plovers.

I may be going back again next May or June 2013 not sure yet. I should be guiding an Elk hunt here in NM this October for an Afrikaan gentleman. If it's not successful I may not be invited back LOL.

I'll be looking forward to your posts, and again welcome.

All the best!