Thread: Aspiring falconer in Washington

Default Aspiring falconer in Washington

Hi all. I am Johnny. I am 22 years old, and I live in Yakima, Washington. I have been reading alot about falconry as of late. Almost to the point to where my eyes bleed ^_^. I'm becoming more and more interested in becoming an apprentice falconer. Until hopefully one day, I will be a master falconer.. We will just have to wait 7 years for that =P

As for now, I was wondering what is the best eductional book, and DVD on falconry 101. Your input would be much abliged.

Johnny Carlton
    Last edited by johnny22; 01-30-2012 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Adding signature

Hi Johnny
    Welcome to NAFEX and to the world of falconry. I have been doing falconry for more than 20 years and yes I am titled a master falconer but each bird and each type of bird is different, I am not a master of them all and never will be. Good luck on your life long journey into this wonderful world and lifestyle. There are many books you can read, I would look for some of the apprenticeship books and check your library and see if they have any books on falconry and birds of prey. Start checking to see if there are any falconers in your area you can hook up with and go out hunting and helping them to start the learning process. Good luck.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Thread Information