Just stopping to introduce myself before I get back to lurking.

My name's Shadera. Friends and family call me Sherry. I'm 37, and recently made the move to Montana from West Virginia with my hubby. He's a nuclear pharmacist, and I spend my days holding the couch down. I've been interested in falconry for several years now, and it's looking like I'll finally be able to take the plunge.

I'm a member of the Montana Falconer's Association, and recently joined NAFA too. I'm headed to the Montana meet this weekend in Lewistown, and hope to have a great time. The couple folks I've spoken to so far from the MFA have been great.

I'm stuck in pre-apprentice status for about a year and a half, since we're living in an apartment for the time being to get to know the area better and ditch the last of our debt. I've gathered quite the mountain of suggested reading, and am confident when the time comes I'll be ready to jump into things with both feet.

I'm a retired trucker and an Army veteran. I breed ball python morphs as a hobby, and have way too much free time on my hands. Maybe falconry will keep me out of trouble?

Nice to meet y'all!