Thread: Room for one more?

Default Room for one more?

Just stopping to introduce myself before I get back to lurking.

My name's Shadera. Friends and family call me Sherry. I'm 37, and recently made the move to Montana from West Virginia with my hubby. He's a nuclear pharmacist, and I spend my days holding the couch down. I've been interested in falconry for several years now, and it's looking like I'll finally be able to take the plunge.

I'm a member of the Montana Falconer's Association, and recently joined NAFA too. I'm headed to the Montana meet this weekend in Lewistown, and hope to have a great time. The couple folks I've spoken to so far from the MFA have been great.

I'm stuck in pre-apprentice status for about a year and a half, since we're living in an apartment for the time being to get to know the area better and ditch the last of our debt. I've gathered quite the mountain of suggested reading, and am confident when the time comes I'll be ready to jump into things with both feet.

I'm a retired trucker and an Army veteran. I breed ball python morphs as a hobby, and have way too much free time on my hands. Maybe falconry will keep me out of trouble?

Nice to meet y'all!
    Shadera

Welcome aboard Sherry and good look on getting into falconry. It is a great way of life and does have its heartbreaks as well though. There is nothing else like it. Good luck and hope to hear soon that you are the apprentice you have studied and worked so hard to become.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Welcome to the group & Montana Sherry!
    T.J.
    Montana

Welcome to Nafex Sherry! Sounds like you're off to a great start.
    Peg Totten
    Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies

Well, we've already been chatting since we're within a reasonable distance to each other, but welcome!
    Sounds like you're going about everything the right way I wish you every bit of luck! You're welcome to come out with me anytime!
    ~~~Ally~~~ Missoula, MT
    If you dislike a person, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you are a mile away from them, and have their shoes.

Thanks for the welcomes.

It's great to find someone so close by, Ally. I look forward to whacking some brush for you.

I had a great time at the meet. Up until then, I'd only been along on redtail hunts for bunnies and squirrels. It was exciting to see some longwings on bird slips. I met some wonderful folks, and started some hopefully forever friendships. I look forward to other meets with them, and of course the NAFA meet in November. (Ally, if you need a lift, lemme know.)

I've been steadily devouring books, and am going to start making some hoods soon. I used to do some leatherworking back in the 80's and find that sort of craft to be both challenging and soothing for the soul. I thought I was too old to be giddy about anything, but there it is.
    Shadera

Quote Originally Posted by Kachina View Post
    I've been steadily devouring books,
    Works better if you read them. Sorry. Could not help myself. aboard.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    LOL.
    ~~~Ally~~~ Missoula, MT
    If you dislike a person, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you are a mile away from them, and have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    Back in wes' virginny, they'd have been paper in the outhouse. Gosh, I'm still trying to get used to wearing SHOES too.
    Shadera

Hello and to NAFEX. Would like to thank you for your military service as well...
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Quote Originally Posted by Kachina View Post
    Back in wes' virginny, they'd have been paper in the outhouse. Gosh, I'm still trying to get used to wearing SHOES too.
    Rotflmao!!!! Got folks livin out that way ... Glad to have ya here on the forum 😃
    Tom

Thread Information