Thread: Hello from South Jersey

Default Hello from South Jersey

Hi. My name is Dave, I live in Atco NJ. I am 40 years old & I have been interested in birds of prey & falconry for as long as I can remember! I've read as many books as I can get my hands on & I have already passed the state falconry exam. I am very excited to be attending this weekends NJFC field meet (my first!) & I hope to make some new friends, contacts & find a possible sponsor.

I just recently found NAFEX, it looks like a great source of information! Although I haven't gotten much work done the last two days since I have been spending most of the reading all the threads, it's an addiction....

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Dave
    Dave Baines
    Atco, NJ

Welcome, Dave!
    Looking forward to talking with you this weekend. Hope you can make the apprentice workshop on Friday night.(7pm) Nafex is a great place for info. and commaraderie (sp?) between falconers. We are a supportive group here. There are quite a few NJ falconers on this site, too.
    Peg Totten
    Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies

Thanks for the welcome Peg! I am planning on attending the apprentice workshop on Friday. Is their anything I need to do as far as registering or do I just "show up" ?

Dave
    Dave Baines
    Atco, NJ

Nope. Just show up and bring your questions! Um, in retrospect, you could bring something to drink to share if you would like to. It seems we have plenty of snackies but are a little libation deficiant!
    Peg Totten
    Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies

About how many people are you expecting & any specific request for the libations ?
    Dave Baines
    Atco, NJ

Dave,

Welcome to the falconry fraternity! Have fun at the Jersey meet! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it this year, but I'm sure I'll see you in the field at some point! There are lots of good folks down your way. If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you join your state falconry club, and that you join NAFA as well. Give me a call if you need any help with either of those tasks. The Eliya brothers (and Peg) can help you out as well.
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Thanks for the welcome & the suggestions Scott. I will hopefully speak to someone about joing NJFC this weekend. I was under the impression though, that to join NAFA I needed to be a licensed falconer first?

Where at in Maine are you? I went on a fishing trip to Maine a couple of years ago, East Grand Lake in Weston. The fishing kind of sucked but beatiful country!

Thanks again

Dave
    Dave Baines
    Atco, NJ

1. Welcome to the forum.
    2. Support falconry by
      1. Joining the New Jersey Club.
      2. Joining NAFA
    3. Looking forward to meeting you at the meet.

Thanks Joe, looking forward to meeting you as well.
    Dave Baines
    Atco, NJ

Thread Information