Here is the text of the email I sent to Sampo regarding the problems I now have with the coast lock swivels catching on my paracord jesses.

I've been using Sampo swivels since 1974 for falconry applications. In recent years. On the most recent swivels I've purchased. I've noticed a small change in the clip on the Coastlock #8 swivel that has make my falconry uses more difficult. It is where the wire wrap ends at the swivel. Instead of being on the opposite side of the opening end of the swivel. It is on the side where cord or line is threaded onto the swivel.
As a falconer, I use para cord jesses. This end snags on my para cord jesses when removing or attaching the jesses. Not a good thing. I also work with some birds that have difficult personalties. The snagging on the wire end when changing equipment and hinders a smooth transfer to field equipment. I have some older Sampo swivels that do not have this issue. They work much better and are easier to operate.

A simple adjustment in your manufacturing process would eliminate this problem altogether. Just have the wire wrapped on the other side of the swivel opening, like it was with older Sampo swivels.

In the photo attached, the copper colored swivel is the newer version where the wire ends inside. It snags on the paracord jesses I use and is a problem.

The black swivel is an older swivel and you will see that the wire ends on the outside/opposite side of the swivel. Making it much easier to use.

Thank you for looking into this matter.