Thread: New In New Hampshire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New In New Hampshire

Hi Everyone,
    I have been a long time admirer of this sport having taken a brief class while visiting the UK several years ago. I have nothing, no birds, no mews, no nothing but what i have is interest and a whole pile of hunting dogs.

The reason I opted to join this site at this time though is out of necessity. I am a professor teaching a class at a local university in NH called Animals in Society and I would love to find a local person to come and speak to my class specifically about the falcon/human bond and the relationship that must develop between raptor and human in order to work as a team.

I talked to a woman in southern NH about coming to speak to my class and was told that it would cost me $450 for her to come and speak. I was a little dismayed. I do not get $$ support for guest speakers and honestly this was not something I could do as it would come out of my own salary.

I started thinking that there have to be more people in this state involved in this sport but I just didn't know how to find them, thus I decided to join your forum. Not only can I continue my own education regarding this sport as it is something I have considered participating in more fully; but I might also see if there are folks here who might be willing to share their experiences with my University students.

So I look forward to learning and if you are in New Hampshire and might know of someone who would be willing to share with my class, even the better.

Stephanie Green

Stephanie,

$450?! That's ridiculous. Give me a shout, and I'll help you out with finding a speaker.

scottmcneff@yahoo.com
    Scott McNeff

Maine

I just sent you an email. I really appreciate your help. My students were disappointed when I explained the situation but figured I would keep trying.
    thank you so much
    Stephanie

Thread Information