Thread: Chat?

Default Chat?

I can't figure out how to chat. and hitting the enter button as fast and as hard as possible is NOT the answer, in case you were wondering

Justin Grimshaw

You need to be a supporting member to use chat.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

So I have to donate?

Justin Grimshaw

Quote Originally Posted by grimmy440 View Post
    So I have to donate?

Justin Grimshaw
    Yes
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

clever!! keeps the $ coming in. I'd pay it, but i need Roo hide more than I need to chat...

Justin Grimshaw

Default How much?

...do you need to donate to become a Supporting Member?
    I just wasted $40 on a CHC membership, so I am open to making more worthwhile investments in what should become my favorite thing to do.
    Wayne Crusinberry, Apprentice
    "I couldn't agree with you more..."

Quote Originally Posted by Crusinberry View Post
    See post 3 & 4!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just wasted $40 on a CHC membership, so I am open to making more worthwhile investments in what should become my favorite thing to do.
    Wasted?? Without the CHC will Calif. even have falconry in a couple of years? Why do you think it is wasted?
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

supporting the state club is rarely a waste, however, if ya hit the green "donate" in the 2nd blue bar at the top of the screen, you may pick whatever amount you're comfortable with...
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Red face "Waste" was the wrong word...

My mistake. It was an overreaction to how long it took to reach someone there, and when I finally did, I didn't get the "news" I was hoping for. They are very committed to "face-to-face" meetings for a group that holds most of their events 11+ hours from where I live.

It did however, show me how much electronic information that I actually get from this site. I have visited several other sites and read and watched everything they had available, before noticing that nobody has posted there in more than a year. This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.
    Wayne Crusinberry, Apprentice
    "I couldn't agree with you more..."

...... This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.

most will agree with ya on that point.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by grimmy440 View Post
    clever!! keeps the $ coming in. I'd pay it, but i need Roo hide more than I need to chat...

Justin Grimshaw
    Justin,

If you are referring to the 5 dollars that it takes to be a supporting member: this will hardly keep the "money coming". There is no clever scheme for me to get rich. It hardly comes close to the money I spend on this site, the server and the 1000's of man hours I put into keeping the site functioning properly so members like yourself can have a great resource.

The only reason I make the chat like this is to give a perk back to those who want to donate their hard earned money to something they believe in. Not only do you get access to chat, your PM storage is increased. Again, this is not a scheme to make money, it is my way of saying thank you. It also helps to keep trolls off of the chat. I know if you are donating your money you will be less likely to cause problems. This equals less work for me and the moderators.

All of the money I get from the donations goes back to the site and to the Free Annual NAFEX dinner and raffle that goes on at the yearly NAFA meets. Therefore, your donation actually goes back to you and the NAFEX community.

I hope you enjoy NAFEX and what's contained within these pages. There are mountains of valuable information that many of the members have worked hard to make available for all. Thank you to everyone for keeping NAFEX a great community that we all can enjoy.

Kindest regards,
    Chris Lynn
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Joby Guest

Don't know why I was confused about the donation process, but I just donated to the site and it was EASY!! Great site and glad I could do a bit to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    Don't know why I was confused about the donation process, but I just donated to the site and it was EASY!! Great site and glad I could do a bit to keep it going.
    Joe

Thanks so much for the generous donation. It really helps a lot. If you need anything don't hesitate to let me know

Do you have any plans for any litters this year?

Thanks again

Chris
    Chris Lynn

This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.
    I agree. I have learned so much from here. I've also met and chatted with so many great people, I can say are my friends, from NAFEX. One of the greatest things was seeing that I'm not the only weirdo that has a passion for micro hawking. The only group I knew thought I was nuts.

For that reason I help anyone when I can and try and add my thoughts when needed.

Thanks again for the site Chris!! Keep up the good work.
    Kim Mauldin

"Believe"
    Marian & Bob Bailey

My mistake. It was an overreaction to how long it took to reach someone there, and when I finally did, I didn't get the "news" I was hoping for. They are very committed to "face-to-face" meetings for a group that holds most of their events 11+ hours from where I live.

It did however, show me how much electronic information that I actually get from this site. I have visited several other sites and read and watched everything they had available, before noticing that nobody has posted there in more than a year. This site is a treasure and should be treated as such.
    I am sorry to hear that you state club is not more newby responsive, I wish that this was the first time that I have heard a similar complaint from a CHC new member, but it is not.
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

Joby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Joe

Thanks so much for the generous donation. It really helps a lot. If you need anything don't hesitate to let me know

Do you have any plans for any litters this year?

Thanks again

Chris
    No, thank you for keeping this great forum going. Regarding pups, I'm currently waiting for my little bitch Suli to go into heat. I've got three potential studs lined up for her, so it's just a matter of time now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    No, thank you for keeping this great forum going. Regarding pups, I'm currently waiting for my little bitch Suli to go into heat. I've got three potential studs lined up for her, so it's just a matter of time now. LOL
    Dang she is a lucky girl ... LOL
    Chris Lynn

Default Sorry

I never meant any offense, I just thought it was a good way to pay some of the expenses. I know you are doing this purely out of love for the sport, and would never purposefully imply otherwise. I love the site, and thank all of you for being such a treasure trove of information.
    Justin Grimshaw

Thread Information