Thread: Vermonters??!

Default Vermonters??!

Hello! I'm an apprentice heading from Kodiak, AK to Burlington, VT (no bird tho) and just wanted to see if there are any falconers in that area.
    Thanks!

Rio
    Rio- Kodiak, Alaska

Welcome Rio. I'm a bit South of you but there are a few guys that should chime in from Vermont. One is terrorizing prairie chickens in Kansas I believe. Any-who...welcome aboard.
    Jeff Owens

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER Guest

I was just up to Stowe, Vermont for some cc ski. There are snow shoe hares up there near Mt. Mansfield. Seems to have some longwing potential between the mountains. best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffNH View Post
    Welcome Rio. I'm a bit South of you but there are a few guys that should chime in from Vermont. One is terrorizing prairie chickens in Kansas I believe. Any-who...welcome aboard.
    Thanks! It'll be a bit before I can get back to having a bird but I still want to keep active and maybe work with another falconer. Thanks so much for the reply!
    Rio- Kodiak, Alaska

Default VT Falconers

Hi Rio,
    I am probably the closest falconer to Burlington. I am about 40mi north. There are only about a dozen licensed falconers in VT and less than half are
    currently flying a bird. Our current regs are not really falconer friendly. As an apprentice you can trap a redtail. As a general or better a redtail or passage gos.

In the Burlington area you will find some rabbits but you will work hard for a slip. Squirrel season currently closes at the end of December. There are showshoe hares but you will need to drive a bit to get to them.

If you need any help getting established feel free to PM me.

Ron
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Thread Information