Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to post photos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to post photos

OK first you must upload your pictures to a server. There are a bunch of free servers that you can do this. I use photobucket as it is very simple and very friendly to use. They do video and pictures.

Registration page:

http://photobucket.com/register.php?ref=headerregister

( create your own.. it is fast and easy)

------

Once logged into photobucket you need to uplaod your picture.

1) find the "browse" button. this is how you find the photo on your computer.

2)once you select the photo hit "upload"- this will upload your photo to photobucket.

3)After is has uploaded find your picture and below it there will be 3 boxes or fields. The last box is called "IMG code"..
    Click that box and a it will auto copy the exact code you need for the forums...See attached pic)

all you have to do is post that code in the forums and the picture will show up. If you do not have that code then use the "insert image" button ( the yellow button with the mountain and sun) above to paste your pictures url to get the picture to show

Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Default trying to post here

"you believe you understand what I said, do realize what you heard is not what I meant"
    Barry

- Hello Chris, when i tried upload pictures here, till below of the screen displays the next message where says "Posting Rules" :

"You may not post attachments".

- ¿¿ What can i do for to change that functional-discrimination ??

- Thank you in advance.
    Roberto. Mexico City.

Roberto,
    you have to use photobucket. I don't allow any uploading to the NAFEX server from members. Sorry for the inconvenience.

let me know if you have any other questions or need help getting pictures posted here
    Chris Lynn

- Hello Chris, thank you for help me, just a few moments ago i loaded a picture in another post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Roberto,
    you have to use photobucket. I don't allow any uploading to the NAFEX server from members. Sorry for the inconvenience.

let me know if you have any other questions or need help getting pictures posted here
    Roberto. Mexico City.

Can I get a quick lesson on resizing photos? so they fit for avatars and other small applications on here?

Thanks.
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    OK first you must upload your pictures to a server. There are a bunch of free servers that you can do this. I use photobucket as it is very simple and very friendly to use. They do video and pictures.

Registration page:

http://photobucket.com/register.php?ref=headerregister

( create your own.. it is fast and easy)

------

Once logged into photobucket you need to uplaod your picture.

1) find the "browse" button. this is how you find the photo on your computer.

2)once you select the photo hit "upload"- this will upload your photo to photobucket.

3)After is has uploaded find your picture and below it there will be 3 boxes or fields. The last box is called "IMG code"..
    Click that box and a it will auto copy the exact code you need for the forums...See attached pic)

all you have to do is post that code in the forums and the picture will show up. If you do not have that code then use the "insert image" button ( the yellow button with the mountain and sun) above to paste your pictures url to get the picture to show

Tip for everybody that has not already figured this out. When pasting the image code into your post, please hit enter in between each picture code. Otherwise it jams all your pictures together in a left to right format and makes it hard to look at.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

I thought I would bump this thread so that some of the new members could find it.

If you still need help, please feel free to let one of us mods know.

Thanks again everybody!
    www.Dirthawking.com

On my computer the IMG option in photobucket is not there. Only a direct link and HTML thumb. When I attemp to use either of these, the photos do not show in the post. Suggestions?
    Rex Hall

Default peregrine 2010

The result of my 2010 Trapping Adventure near Assateague Md.
    Happy Hawking
    Bob Fraser

Default Posting Photos protocol 9-20-2018

Note: <* = left click
    <* “Reply to thread” to bring up “Quick Reply” screen
    <* the “Insert Image” icon (tree in a square) on the icon line to bring up “Insert Image” window
    Window will have choices of “From Computer” and “From URL” (From Computer will be default) .The allowed file types will be listed
    <* “Choose File” button. Navigate inside your device to the image you want to post. Highlight the item.
    <* the “Open” button. The address of your file will now show in the window to the right of the “Choose File” button.
    <* “Upload File(s)” button. You will be returned to the “Quick Reply” editing window. Your attachment will show as “[ATTACH]XXYY[ATTACH]”. To view your attachment <* “Go Advanced” in the lower right corner of the screen. Then <* the “Preview Post” button at the lower right of the editing window.
    Your post so far will come up on screen. To make any additions or changes you must scroll down to the editing window.
    <* the “Submit Reply” button to post the finished draft.

There is an alternative path by scrolling down past the editing window to the “Additional Options” window and clicking the “Manage Attachments” button.
    PDF, ZIP and some other files can be attached but will not show in the text. The viewer must click on the attachment, go to the lower left corner of the screen and click on the download to open the file.
    Tom Munson, Buckeye, AZ
    619-379-2656, tom@munson.us

Quote Originally Posted by rhall View Post
    On my computer the IMG option in photobucket is not there. Only a direct link and HTML thumb. When I attemp to use either of these, the photos do not show in the post. Suggestions?
    Try this. Put it into your message using direct link, and before you post it, do a 'preview post'. In the preview your pic will show it as a highlighted link, but, if you go down the page your message will be there but that link will now be shown as a ([url]) at the beginning and end. (I had to put in parentheses so it would show up here.) Go to the 'reply to thread' again where you had put it and now replace that url with img at the beginning and end (leave the / at the end where it is). Then 'preview post' your message again and see if the pic shows up. If it does, then go ahead and hit submit reply.
    Pete J
    It's all just too Zen for me.

Just a reminder and a friendly little tip. When posting multiple pictures please hit return a few times inbetween pictures. Helps to space them out so they don't all bunch up on the right side of your screen.
    Last edited by Dirthawking; 04-06-2012 at 07:15 PM.
    www.Dirthawking.com

Mitch Wishon , From Oklahoma

trial photo post

IMG]http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s648/kcpopke/KachinaFirstFlight_zps8ba4d8b7.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

IMG]http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s648/kcpopke/KachinaFirstFlight_zps8ba4d8b7.jpg[/IMG]

Kurt

to make sure it works you have to have both brackets [ code in between]
    Chris Lynn

Default does this form not support resizing photos?

Last edited by Manganese; 01-10-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Travis Jenkins

Anyone know why some pics post on the forum rather large image wise and some do not? What causes that?...Thanks
    Hubert Quade Results may vary

Hub,
    I'm not a tech genius by any means, but I am pretty sure that has to do with the resolution and/or file size of the individual pictures. If they are cropped, etc they will automatically be smaller. Also, cell phone pics on average tend to be smaller than those taken with a quality digital camera. Not sure if Nafex itself has any effect when you upload them, though I don't think it does.

Look at file size on some of your pictures and you will see the differences I am talking about. (generally you can hover the pointer over the different files and it will pop up saying how big the file is).
    Dave Hampton
    http://www.falconryconservancy.org/
    "Wars begin where you will, but they do not end where you please." Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by sevristh View Post
    Hub,
    I'm not a tech genius by any means, but I am pretty sure that has to do with the resolution and/or file size of the individual pictures. If they are cropped, etc they will automatically be smaller. Also, cell phone pics on average tend to be smaller than those taken with a quality digital camera.
    I shoot with a Canon 30D, 7D & 5D MK111.
    But I think there is still something about file size causing it??
    Perhaps to large of a file can do it also??....
    Hubert Quade Results may vary

Quote Originally Posted by hub View Post
    I shoot with a Canon 30D, 7D & 5D MK111.
    But I think there is still something about file size causing it??
    Perhaps to large of a file can do it also??....
    Hub, it has to do with Image File Size. I have a Canon Rebel XT (nothing as nice as your cameras) and it takes pictures in several different sizes (3072 x 2048 at 3.1 MB, 2048 x 1360 at 1.8 MB, 1536 x 1024 at 1.4 MB and RAW, which takes about 7 MB). Those numbers represent the size in pixels and the size of the picture. The large one and the RAW are both the same size picture but because the RAW is a larger file and more pixels, it will be the clearest picture. I know that is a lot of numbers and hopefully someone else can explain it better. LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Daniel Parker
    Work hard and build your dreams, or someone will hire you to build theirs.

A place to come share your stories or ask falconry related questions. ... NAFEX.net Falconry Forum A Falconry forum designed for falconers by ... Site Information. NAFEX.net falconry Forum rules and TOS ... Site Feedback and Suggestions ...

Just trying on here...

~Rylan
    Marshall, NC

Brad

Default testing

testing
    Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair McKissock View Post
    testing
    I told you Alistair. If I could do it, anybody could

when i click on the IMG code or any code nothing happens.

Hey Rosco, probably a little late, but....

www.imgur.com is a great, easy to use site. You shouldn't have to create an account either.
    Scott Richter

Default test

Matt H.

Trial[/IMG]

Testing ?

testing.....
    Dennis H.
    General Falconer

Thread Information