Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Available soon

Default Available soon

I have been working on this hood for over 6 years and am now finally pleased with it. The "Andian" is a hybrid of the ANglo and inDIAN styled hood and in my opinion just one of the coolest and most distinctive hoods out there. The complete story of the hood will be posted on the hood section of my web site soon. I am offering a one color Field Hood and the "Exotic" Field hood, featuring lizard with many other unique skins available. This blocked hood is fully lined inside and also has a sewn Brace Protector. This hood unless lost will last for YEARS! Master hood maker Scott Webster's comment on the Exotic hood pictured... "That hood is Bomb proof" I tend to agree.

Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER Guest

Ken, I'm ready to order one for Eastern Male Redtail. PM me with info. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER View Post
    Ken, I'm ready to order one for Eastern Male Redtail. PM me with info. I like it!
    Pm sent.
    Ken Hooke

Ken, that is one cool looking hood! I especially like the lizard skin one!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I told ya they'd like it.... When ya do one in blue......, guess I better decide what I'm flying next year first tho
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Very cool Ken!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    I told ya they'd like it.... When ya do one in blue......, guess I better decide what I'm flying next year first tho
    I just bought some real nice blue Exotic bud!!
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by sakerjack View Post
    I just bought some real nice blue Exotic bud!!
    lemme see if we make a nice peregrine hybrid tiercel....... or comeup with something else ta fly....
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Ken,
    6 years from now I think I'll be needing one for a tiercel peales, so if you get started now, it should be done by then, right?
    Ray Gilbertson-Montana

I like it Ken. Different enough, but not too much.

Did you check out that website I pm'd you. eidnesfurs.com

This hood cries out for the leather I told you about. Never did try to dye any of this, so you're on you own there. Nice color as is. I will promise you one thing. No one will guess what that leather is. It's that unique ! Never have to worry about running short of them either.

I like the gape opening. I like the aerodynamic seams ! Hell I just like it.

"Andian" does sound a bit South American. Call it "dog poop" I'd still buy one.
    Last edited by oldguy; 03-15-2012 at 05:13 PM. Reason: spelling
    Dan, aka oldguy.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon56 View Post
    Ken,
    6 years from now I think I'll be needing one for a tiercel peales, so if you get started now, it should be done by then, right?
    Thank you ALL for your comments, I very much appreciate them,, the credit is not all mine,, more on my web site later...
    56,, Ya I know it has taken a long time.... had to wait for the perfect leather,, this is Canada EH... how is ya? I am sure I can have one ready in that time frame.
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    I like it Ken. Different enough, but not too much.

Did you check out that website I pm'd you. eidnesfurs.com

This hood cries out for the leather I told you about. Never did try to dye any of this, so you're on you own there. Nice color as is. I will promise you one thing. No one will guess what that leather is. It's that unique ! Never have to worry about running short of them either.

I like the gape opening. I like the aerodynamic seams ! Hell I just like it.

"Andian" does sound a bit South American. Call it "dog poop" I'd still buy one.
    I did OG.. not sure but you did inspire me to order some different Exotics that is for sure.. This might be a hood for your Rt? Or an Exotic covered Maynes?
    Ken Hooke

[QUOTE=sakerjack;233631] Ya I know it has taken a long time.... had to wait for the perfect leather,, this is Canada EH... QUOTE]

ya, monitors grow slow up north.......hehehe
    Rich in Illinois....

That is one kicking hood Ken. I love the exotic, the red color is phenominal. You make me dream and dream creating such works of art. I wish mine were that great. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

[QUOTE=Lowachi;233636]
    Ya I know it has taken a long time.... had to wait for the perfect leather,, this is Canada EH... QUOTE]

ya, monitors grow slow up north.......hehehe
    They stay underground until June,, Seriously though I have had several PM about the Lizard hood. I have to charge more than the usual "Lizard add 10-15.00" the reason is simple on a Dutch hood you are only using lizard on the small eye panels on my Andian the ENTIRE HOOD hood is lizard. Depending on the size of the hood it may take pretty much the entire hide leaving me with only scraps and they are not cheap to purchase so I think 30.00 is more than fair
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Denman View Post
    That is one kicking hood Ken. I love the exotic, the red color is phenominal. You make me dream and dream creating such works of art. I wish mine were that great. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Thanks KD,,you are well on your way, trust me. The red monitor skin does look striking but it is the hide, nothing I have done.
    Ken Hooke

Here are a few Cole-man (story of the hood see my web site) Hoods that I have just finished for some customers.
    The darker one is Monitor and the other Peanut Brittle Ostrich, these hoods will last you for years..

Ken Hooke

Oh Ken those are phenominal. WOW is all I can say.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Very cool Ken. I got a new tiercel peales last spring, and it came with a Coleman hood on it. The breeder was more worried about getting that hood back, than getting the money for the bird! Seems he couldn't get them made anymore, and it was his go to hood.
    Very nice indeed.
    John
    Still the finest hoods in Marshall.

Am I seeing a Pred-A-tor type closure?
    John
    Still the finest hoods in Marshall.

Better photos of my red Salvator Lizard for my saker.

Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by gos'n View Post
    Very cool Ken. I got a new tiercel peales last spring, and it came with a Coleman hood on it. The breeder was more worried about getting that hood back, than getting the money for the bird! Seems he couldn't get them made anymore, and it was his go to hood.
    Very nice indeed.
    I know exactly who you are talking about, I love this hood, it is blocked, fits great, lots of eye space and I love the look and with the Exotic skins,,extremely tough and very cool I think.
    More worried about the hood HUH? maybe I should charge more! LOL
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by gos'n View Post
    Am I seeing a Pred-A-tor type closure?
    Nope regular back..
    Ken Hooke

ostrich looks pretty cool. neat effect
    Rich in Illinois....

leather donuts/washers and all.....looks good Ken....
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    ostrich looks pretty cool. neat effect
    Thanks Rich the Ostrich is a very tough hide as you know,,I have skins in Black, Peanut Brittle, brown and OH YA.... BLUE!
    Ken Hooke

[QUOTE=sakerjack;235073]Thanks Rich the Ostrich is a very tough hide as you know,,I have skins in Black, Peanut Brittle, brown and OH YA.... BLUE![/QUOTE]
    figures
    Rich in Illinois....

[QUOTE=Lowachi;235102]
    Thanks Rich the Ostrich is a very tough hide as you know,,I have skins in Black, Peanut Brittle, brown and OH YA.... BLUE![/QUOTE]
    figures
    LMOA,, I actually had a swig of Jack when I posted that and when I was selecting "Exotics" and saw the blue ,, I pissed myself...
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by GONEHAWKN View Post
    leather donuts/washers and all.....looks good Ken....
    Yupper but my donuts are no where near the quality of Ray's, Clayton Smith's and Moran's or yours Bill..
    Ken Hooke

Default Rob Coleman

Ken,

I hope Rob has access to NAFEX and your website. I think he would enjoy knowing he is credited with this hood style/shape.
    I looked at the one he made for me and you have the style down well. I like the look.
    Dan
    Dan Fenske
    Harrisburg, Oregon

Yupper but my donuts are no where near the quality of Ray's, Clayton Smith's and Moran's or yours Bill..
    Ken, dont sell yourself short brother!!....and i never thought i would see my name next to those you mentioned......truly guys i admire greatly......

hey Ken, you said the hoods are lined....what are you lining them with?.....i have seen only a few hood that were lined and they were old Indian hoods that were made by both Brian McDonald and a local fella(from Va.) named Ron Frye. Both of the hoods made my these folks were done many years ago and are in the possession of others....i will get a pic of the Frye hood when i get a chance....you all would dig it i am sure.....anyway, sorry to derail....
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Quote Originally Posted by California Native View Post
    Ken,

I hope Rob has access to NAFEX and your website. I think he would enjoy knowing he is credited with this hood style/shape.
    I looked at the one he made for me and you have the style down well. I like the look.
    Dan
    Thanks Dan,,Credit where credit is due, I mentioned to him that I was calling it the Coleman I think he got a "KICK" out of that. We chat frequently now, in fact JUST got off the phone with him. I think he would be pleased with my Cole-man hood.
    Ken Hooke

Default Your website-Cole-man

Thanks Dan,,Credit where credit is due, I mentioned to him that I was calling it the Coleman I think he got a "KICK" out of that. We chat frequently now, in fact JUST got off the phone with him. I think he would be pleased with my Cole-man hood.
    Ken,
    I went to your website after I posted last and I know Rob would feel good about what you posted. What you said is great and he can use some good things happening in his life now.

Dan
    Dan Fenske
    Harrisburg, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by California Native View Post
    Ken,
    I went to your website after I posted last and I know Rob would feel good about what you posted. What you said is great and he can use some good things happening in his life now.

Dan
    Thank you Dan...
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by GONEHAWKN View Post
    Ken, dont sell yourself short brother!!....and i never thought i would see my name next to those you mentioned......truly guys i admire greatly......

hey Ken, you said the hoods are lined....what are you lining them with?.....i have seen only a few hood that were lined and they were old Indian hoods that were made by both Brian McDonald and a local fella(from Va.) named Ron Frye. Both of the hoods made my these folks were done many years ago and are in the possession of others....i will get a pic of the Frye hood when i get a chance....you all would dig it i am sure.....anyway, sorry to derail....
    Bill you make a very fine hood do not sell your skills short as well. Lined??? AH, UM,,,well...I use Ancient Polynasian skirt material that you can no longer procure.
    Ken Hooke

Thread Information