Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE

Default 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE

Registration is now available for the 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE. Again, the IAF will hold their annual meeting in conjunction with the NAFA Meet. A great time to meet and show falconers from all over the world how we do things here in the U.S. You may pre-register in a couple of ways, online and by mailing in your registration form. Please visit the NAFA website for more information from Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers about what you will need and want to know about Kearney, NE and the NAFA Meet.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Registration is now available for the 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE. Again, the IAF will hold their annual meeting in conjunction with the NAFA Meet. A great time to meet and show falconers from all over the world how we do things here in the U.S. You may pre-register in a couple of ways, online and by mailing in your registration form. Please visit the NAFA website for more information from Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers about what you will need and want to know about Kearney, NE and the NAFA Meet.
    Thanks Fred! I am going to try and make it this year. How about you?
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-tail71 View Post
    Thanks Fred! I am going to try and make it this year. How about you?
    I am planning on going but my job situation may change between now and then so I am in a wait and see mode.
    Fred

Being a dirt hawker I would like to know what the ct & jack situation is out there. I've not hunted Neb. before but I may try to hit it on my way back from Dodge. I live in Ohio but will be in the Liberal-Dodge area the first part of Nov. Thanks, Mick Brown mickeyboy

Thanks for the heads up Fred! I plan to go again. Last meet out there was good, I found decent rabbit and pheasant numbers after a LOT of trial and error searching/walking/scouting to figure out what to look for.

David - I hope you end up going too! We could have a nice group of MD falconers out there.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

I am planning on going but my job situation may change between now and then so I am in a wait and see mode.
    I am right there with you pal! I HOPE to see you in November!
    David

I just registered, it worked great!

Fred, thank you for all the hard work you do on the NAFA website. We all really appreciate it

See you all there!
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Quote Originally Posted by superparabuteo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Fred! I plan to go again. Last meet out there was good, I found decent rabbit and pheasant numbers after a LOT of trial and error searching/walking/scouting to figure out what to look for.

David - I hope you end up going too! We could have a nice group of MD falconers out there.
    Sounds great Ken! It looks like I will be going just have to finalize a few things! I HOPE to see you out there and do some hawking together! Take care!
    David

Just an FYI, here is a link to the Meet page on the NAFA website. I probably should have put the link in the very first post of this thread. Duh! (Little help mods?) I will be updating it with game numbers, etc. later this fall when Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers sends me the information.

http://www.n-a-f-a.com/Meets.htm
    Fred

thers 3 of us from the uk thinking of comeing over just trying the flights out for prices at the mo

whats the wether like in november over ther

atb wayne
    Wayne

UK

cold, snow, wind.... Ask Gaz or Guy!
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    cold, snow, wind.... Ask Gaz or Guy!
    Wind....I am glad I will be in the woods chasing Bushytails!
    David

Wind....I am glad I will be in the woods chasing Bushytails!
    Prepare yourself David, not a lot of bushy tails in Kearney! All I saw were a few fox squirrels in a park just outside of town which we hunted. Several of them didn't make it though! LOL
    Fred

any one got any photos or vidios of past meets

atb wayne
    Wayne

UK

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Finnish gosbreeder View Post
    any one got any photos or vidios of past meets

atb wayne
    Do a search on here for NAFA Meet and pictures, lots of them on here.
    Fred

Prepare yourself David, not a lot of bushy tails in Kearney! All I saw were a few fox squirrels in a park just outside of town which we hunted. Several of them didn't make it though! LOL
    Thanks for the heads up Fred. I am sure HOPE won't mind wacking a bunny or two. I will have her lean and mean for sure. Take care man and I will talk to you soon!
    David

Thanks for the heads up Fred. I am sure HOPE won't mind wacking a bunny or two. I will have her lean and mean for sure. Take care man and I will talk to you soon!

.....not a lot of rabbits neither.....
    www.Dirthawking.com

pop. wasn't too bad last year as I recall being told.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Bunny pop in NE is just fine. Caught quite a few last time. Just have to know where to look.
    Krys Langevin
    There's nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    Bunny pop in NE is just fine. Caught quite a few last time. Just have to know where to look.
    Exactly!
    Fred

Oh this dog will hunt!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by frootdog View Post
    meets committee not withstanding...... Ralph told me last fall it was fair to good, but this is from a guy hawking chickens Just what he saw in the field...
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

forgot to ask do we need to be members to come along

atb wayne

just looking at flights
    Wayne

UK

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Finnish gosbreeder View Post
    forgot to ask do we need to be members to come along

atb wayne

just looking at flights
    Yes, but you can join during registration.
    Krys Langevin

Default link to laws

anyone find the actual hunting regulations for Nebraska? not the summaries, but the actual regulations?

I've seen the nebraska parks & game pages, but i'm looking for the official definition of "hunt" and "game" -- specifically: do sparrows and starlings fall under any hunting regulations in Nebraska?
    helen harvey
    lost
    in loess (hills)

Quote Originally Posted by HawkEye View Post
    anyone find the actual hunting regulations for Nebraska? not the summaries, but the actual regulations?

I've seen the nebraska parks & game pages, but i'm looking for the official definition of "hunt" and "game" -- specifically: do sparrows and starlings fall under any hunting regulations in Nebraska?

Sparrows and starlings are a Federaly listed invasive species and to the best of my knowledge do not fall under any states hunting regulations.
    www.Dirthawking.com

Sparrows and starlings ... to the best of my knowledge do not fall under any states hunting regulations.
    I did find a nebraska hunting regulation summary saying one must have permission to take any wild bird on private property... but as far as the hunting regulations go... i guess what I'm really getting at is ... can you hunt sparrow, starlings (and pigeons for that matter) without a hunting license? specifically in Nebraska.
    helen harvey
    lost
    in loess (hills)

Just got my room reserved! Still need to register but that will get done in time.
    Melissa (Missy) Wardle

Quote Originally Posted by HawkEye View Post
    I did find a nebraska hunting regulation summary saying one must have permission to take any wild bird on private property... but as far as the hunting regulations go... i guess what I'm really getting at is ... can you hunt sparrow, starlings (and pigeons for that matter) without a hunting license? specifically in Nebraska.
    I may be wrong about this but I believe in most states, to hunt with a falconry license also requires a state hunting license. So technically, you would need both to just be out hunting with a bird of prey. But more importantly, why not go ahead and buy a hunting license? Say you are out hunting starlings and your bird checks off the starlings and at the same time, some quail flush and bam, your bird brings down a quail. You rush over there and get control but then, you don't have a hunting license and you have to let it lay. How much would that stink? LOL
    Fred

you don't have a hunting license and you have to let it lay. How much would that stink? LOL
    Without a hunting license I highly doubt you could even get away with let it lay.
    Krys Langevin

I have some good local land lined up and my contact at BC Meats tells me the game pops are good, in 2006 we had a blast, plenty of land to hunt, plenty of bunnies and pheasant.

This year we have three farmers lined up that leaving corn in the field for pheasants but I'm being told that there was more corn grown this year for ethanol than last year, so it's been very good for the pheasant population.

They do a lot of irrigation in the area so if you can find a fresh cut corn field with pipe laying around the perimeter you will find bunnies hiding in the field, they only make for the pipes under pressure.

2006 we found rabbits around the hog farms that had old growth evergreen wind breaks, we also found bunnies around abandoned home sites that had old growth wind breaks, we found rabbits in tree lines, well in from the edges, nestled under the pine-straw ......... wait, we found rabbits everywhere we went, some populations were denser but there were rabbits to be had everywhere, but, I always say that when I'm catching cottontails.
    Michael Beran, NAFA Southeastern Director "If it is to be, then it is up to me!"

I didn't book a hotel yet... any tips? Is everyone staying at the meet hotel?
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyboy View Post
    Being a dirt hawker I would like to know what the ct & jack situation is out there. I've not hunted Neb. before but I may try to hit it on my way back from Dodge. I live in Ohio but will be in the Liberal-Dodge area the first part of Nov. Thanks, Mick Brown mickeyboy
    You will not find the jacks anything like what you see in dodge and liberial,from what I understand there are white tails within a couple hrs drive
    Bob Payne
    "So many hawks, so little time"

Weren't the jacks protected? I thought I remembered a bit of an "incident" involving them and a previous NAFA president...

I've been watching the trail cams on Nebraska Outdoor Forum, I match the trail cam locations with the posters location to figure out if the pics are reliable.

Almost all of the pics (95%) have rabbits and quite a few have white tail jacks so I'm just saying, a pic is worth a 1000 characters
    Michael Beran, NAFA Southeastern Director "If it is to be, then it is up to me!"

Thread Information