Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE

Quote Originally Posted by GONEHAWKN View Post
    Great pic Eric! Whose the big goofy looking guy on the left standing behind you?
    That would be me! LOL Don't be dissing Mr. Mike!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Banquet time!

Fred

Fred

Fred

Fred

Around the yard...

Forrest
    Northern Plains

Couple of Icons, know who they are?

Here is Heath, from Arkansas with his new Tundra, remounted higher than initial pitch, when I saw it fly, very impressive!

Here is Chris Comeaux with his 14 year old falcon and a Gadwal, good flight with people from Italy and Russia looking on.

Forrest
    Northern Plains

Great pictures everyone! 22 hrs a few traffic jams and few more restroom breaks and we are back in MD. We had a great time! I would like to thank everyone for their camaraderie. What an awesome experience!
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Dave,

It was great finally meeting you in person. I had a good time hawking with you and the Moreland Men!! See you in a couple of months at the PA meet!!

Everyone else.... thanks for sharing some pictures.
    What a fantastic meet it was. A great big thank you to Ralph Rogers and his team for organizing it, and to everyone who attended. I hit the highway pretty hard all day and I'm currently in a hotel room in Chicago. Looking forward to getting back to Maine and getting my gos onto some ducks. I'll have to post a few pictures here once I'm home and "back in action."
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Quote Originally Posted by mainefalconer View Post
    Dave,

It was great finally meeting you in person. I had a good time hawking with you and the Moreland Men!! See you in a couple of months at the PA meet!!

What a fantastic meet it was. A great big thank you to Ralph Rogers and his team for organizing it, and to everyone who attended. I hit the highway pretty hard all day and I'm currently in a hotel room in Chicago. Looking forward to getting back to Maine and getting my gos onto some ducks. I'll have to post a few pictures here once I'm home and "back in action."
    Drive safe Scott, we had a fantastic time at the meet, it was monumental! We made our 700 miles in about 11 hours today.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Hi all would like to thankyou all for making my dad Dave and uncle Andy from the uk welcome they really enjoyed ther selfs and had a fantastic time

I have seen photos of some that he has taken and I think of I can get I will come and see what you lot get up to next year

thankyou again
    Atb wayne
    Wayne

UK

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Drive safe Scott, we had a fantastic time at the meet, it was monumental! We made our 700 miles in about 11 hours today.
    Yes drive safe Scott, & glad ya made it safe Paul.
    & yes it was great ta put some more faces ta the names. Even tho I missed the beginning I had a great time.....
    and Mario & Brandi, It definitely couldn't have been pulled together on time without you two and my boys, Ian & Brandon....
    to say nothing of my lovely wife driving the yard out thereon our 2nd honeymoon trip love you.....

thanks!!!!!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Rich -

A big thank you to you and your whole crew for your great work at the weathering yard.

Paul

Hi,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Chris L., Chris C., Heath G., Chris P., Ken H., Paul D. and to everyone that I met during this meet and who made this trip so special to me. I had an awesome time.

Thanks again.
    Ambroise
    Manitoba, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by gyrkin View Post
    Hi,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Chris L., Chris C., Heath G., Chris P., Ken H., Paul D. and to everyone that I met during this meet and who made this trip so special to me. I had an awesome time.

Thanks again.
    Howdy Ambro!!!
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

Hi,

Thanks again.
    niice ta have metcha.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    niice ta have metcha.
    It was nice meeting you too Rich.
    You guys did an amazing job in the weathering yard.
    Ambroise
    Manitoba, Canada

Default On behalf of my crew & I

while I'm thinking about it again, & since I couldn't at dinner Fri nite, here's some the rest of my thank yous... Mario can jump in with his own and will I'm sure....
    I wanna thank Krys & Chris Lynn for the 'refreshments", and to whomever brought by the bottle before I got there, I apologize because Kim didn't get your name.
    Mewskeeper Comeaux, I'll just have to keep that TX special for another time.
    it'll remain unopened brother 'til I see you again

Thanks to Mr. Duffy for my Beachshirt for Thursday nite.
    Dave Nobel & co. for that cheesecake

And thanks for the truffles, oreos, cigars & other treats.

Thanks to Flatwater Donna, Mark Churchill, the Kimsey crew, Cliff Kellogg, my sons, Brandon & Ian & who ever else's name escapes me,( & I Know therewas a good handfull) for helping Mario & I tearing down the yard, as well as the tent, & stowing it away while we were doing quarry pins & such. Pretty much record time too.

And a big thanks to David "Roper" Slipka for running out coffee & rolls out in the morning "from the restaurant". We appreciate it my ol' friend, all they more cause I know the truth of who & where they really came from.

Don't know how long I'll continue to, or get to, do the yard. I serve at the pleasure of each year's Meet Chair, but thank you all for the trust you show in us. The friendships Kim and I've made over all these years have made the cold days alot warmer and most of ya have made a lasting mark. For these things and a few I choose to keep to myself, I thank you all. I WILL see ya in Alamosa.
    Rich in Illinois....

Hi,

Thanks again.
    Hey man, great fun hawking with ya! sorry we missed you for some drinks, next time you don't show we'll send out a search party.
    Chris Price

I have met about a dozen falconers named Chris this week!! Lol
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

17 year old Nebraska pre-apprentice Noah Young pitched in like a trooper too. Good guy.
    Donna in Nebraska, USA
    Be kinder than is necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Wish I could have stayed for the whole meet!! Thanks to everyone who made this meet possible!!!!! I believe everyone enjoyed themselves....I know I did!!
    ~Amanda K. - *Soaring on the wings of the hawk....see far, see clear, wind ruffles feathers...scream out defiance and love for life.*

I had a great time at the meet only bad thing was all the $5 raffle items That will be fixed next year...I hope.It was great to finally meet Ken Hooke,THANK YOU for the Coonass Shrimp Boil Hood I got a lot of second looks when Oddsod had it on! Ambrise,glad you came and THANK YOU for your help Thursday. I met some other folks but David from MD stands out,we talked a few times on the days hunt.Nice to meet ya David hope ya make it next year
    Comeaux
    IT'S NOT THE KILL...IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE!

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Chris you are a barefoot class act and the shrimp boil was a homerun. OK, Ok, Ok.......but the shrimp boil was awesome.
    Brian in Montana---
    Montana is FULL. I hear South Dakota is nice. www.lchoods.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by colelkhunter View Post
    Chris you are a barefoot class act and the shrimp boil was a homerun. OK, Ok, Ok.......but the shrimp boil was awesome.
    Thanks Brian, good meeting you...but to be clear did you like the shrimp or not be there next year,gonna do it again!!
    Comeaux
    IT'S NOT THE KILL...IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE!

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Hi,

Thanks again.
    It was great to meet you! I can't believe we didn't win that telemetry contest...
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Quote Originally Posted by mewskeeper View Post
    Thanks Brian, good meeting you...but to be clear did you like the shrimp or not be there next year,gonna do it again!!
    Ken Hooke, Bill Mcbride, Tasha and my buddy Jeff Fincher were all eating on the hood of my truck. Ken looks over and says " These are great, we don't get this kinda stuff in canada, Bill Chimes in with, " They are good but my face and lips are on Fire! Tasha, jeff and myself never let up on them long enough to respond. They were some kinda good.
    Brian in Montana---
    Montana is FULL. I hear South Dakota is nice. www.lchoods.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
    It was great to meet you! I can't believe we didn't win that telemetry contest...

Hey! It was great meeting you too! The older generation really showed us how things should be done! Next time we'll have to be more prepared. It was still lots of fun.
    Ambroise
    Manitoba, Canada

It was fantastic Chris, as always

Quote Originally Posted by Red-tail71 View Post
    Great pictures everyone! 22 hrs a few traffic jams and few more restroom breaks and we are back in MD. We had a great time! I would like to thank everyone for their camaraderie. What an awesome experience!
    Dave.
    Was nice to meet you! Nice to see a nice showing of members from the fourm. Still in Kearney with car probems. Glad to see you made it home
    ok!
    EV
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by mainefalconer View Post
    Dave,

It was a pleasure to meet you Scott! We had a blast and I look forward to hawking with you and Bill together in PA. Take care and I will chat with you soon!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    Dave.
    Was nice to meet you! Nice to see a nice showing of members from the fourm. Still in Kearney with car probems. Glad to see you made it home
    ok!
    EV
    It was a pleasure meeting you Mr Everett! I HOPE our paths cross again in the future! Take care!
    David

Okay folks, here's a few more pics for you...

Attaching a remote control antenna to a "raspy-throated puke hawk"

A bunch of us bailed out on the Thanksgiving meal, and Domski's daughter and I made a meal for the crowd pictured here.

Kimsey entertaining us all with his first rate musical abilities:

One of our own (Slipka) took a day off from hawking and competed in a roping competition with a pile of grown men that like to dress up like cowboys and torture small cows (sorry David, I couldn't resist)

Techno-weenie extraordinairre entertains us in the evenings with his silly little what-nots:

Mikey, rippin' it up!

Mr. Mutch, of P-fund fame, after a fantastic flight at a single prairie chicken:

Mutch's peregrine, slowing down, after flying like a raped ape (is that expression acceptable here?)

A gaggle of merliners watching Dianne's columbarius imprint ball up a flock of starlings while trying to avoid a continuous onslaught of attacks from a wild prairie falcon:
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Domski's Barbary, at lift-off:

When you're flying a good gos at a meet with 500 attendees, this is what the field looks like behind you...

I had a GREAT time cruising with the Maryland crowd, looking for a slip for this little K-bird:

This is how I fly my coops... urban style... parkour!

Friday night, banquet dinner:

Kearney, in the rear-view, on the way out of town on Saturday:
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Hey Scott, great photos,, It was a real pleasure to meet you and the rest of the NAFEX Gang,,, Perhaps in two years I can do it again in Texas.
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

Thread Information