Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 284

Thread: 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    10,455

    Default 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE

    Registration is now available for the 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE. Again, the IAF will hold their annual meeting in conjunction with the NAFA Meet. A great time to meet and show falconers from all over the world how we do things here in the U.S. You may pre-register in a couple of ways, online and by mailing in your registration form. Please visit the NAFA website for more information from Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers about what you will need and want to know about Kearney, NE and the NAFA Meet.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Church Hill, Md
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Registration is now available for the 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE. Again, the IAF will hold their annual meeting in conjunction with the NAFA Meet. A great time to meet and show falconers from all over the world how we do things here in the U.S. You may pre-register in a couple of ways, online and by mailing in your registration form. Please visit the NAFA website for more information from Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers about what you will need and want to know about Kearney, NE and the NAFA Meet.
    Thanks Fred! I am going to try and make it this year. How about you?
    David

    We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    10,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red-tail71 View Post
    Thanks Fred! I am going to try and make it this year. How about you?
    I am planning on going but my job situation may change between now and then so I am in a wait and see mode.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Church Hill, Md
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    I am planning on going but my job situation may change between now and then so I am in a wait and see mode.
    I am right there with you pal! I HOPE to see you in November!
    David

    We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Martins Ferry, Ohio
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Being a dirt hawker I would like to know what the ct & jack situation is out there. I've not hunted Neb. before but I may try to hit it on my way back from Dodge. I live in Ohio but will be in the Liberal-Dodge area the first part of Nov. Thanks, Mick Brown mickeyboy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Thanks for the heads up Fred! I plan to go again. Last meet out there was good, I found decent rabbit and pheasant numbers after a LOT of trial and error searching/walking/scouting to figure out what to look for.

    David - I hope you end up going too! We could have a nice group of MD falconers out there.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Church Hill, Md
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superparabuteo View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Fred! I plan to go again. Last meet out there was good, I found decent rabbit and pheasant numbers after a LOT of trial and error searching/walking/scouting to figure out what to look for.

    David - I hope you end up going too! We could have a nice group of MD falconers out there.
    Sounds great Ken! It looks like I will be going just have to finalize a few things! I HOPE to see you out there and do some hawking together! Take care!
    David

    We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    10,455

    Default

    Just an FYI, here is a link to the Meet page on the NAFA website. I probably should have put the link in the very first post of this thread. Duh! (Little help mods?) I will be updating it with game numbers, etc. later this fall when Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers sends me the information.

    http://www.n-a-f-a.com/Meets.htm
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #9

    Default

    thers 3 of us from the uk thinking of comeing over just trying the flights out for prices at the mo

    whats the wether like in november over ther

    atb wayne
    Wayne

    UK

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mickeyboy View Post
    Being a dirt hawker I would like to know what the ct & jack situation is out there. I've not hunted Neb. before but I may try to hit it on my way back from Dodge. I live in Ohio but will be in the Liberal-Dodge area the first part of Nov. Thanks, Mick Brown mickeyboy
    You will not find the jacks anything like what you see in dodge and liberial,from what I understand there are white tails within a couple hrs drive
    Bob Payne
    "So many hawks, so little time"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,329

    Default

    Weren't the jacks protected? I thought I remembered a bit of an "incident" involving them and a previous NAFA president...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    940

    Default

    I've been watching the trail cams on Nebraska Outdoor Forum, I match the trail cam locations with the posters location to figure out if the pics are reliable.

    Almost all of the pics (95%) have rabbits and quite a few have white tail jacks so I'm just saying, a pic is worth a 1000 characters
    Michael Beran, NAFA Southeastern Director "If it is to be, then it is up to me!"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roswell, NM
    Posts
    9,758

    Default

    I just registered, it worked great!

    Fred, thank you for all the hard work you do on the NAFA website. We all really appreciate it

    See you all there!
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    37

    Default

    White tail Jacks can be found up in the north west corner of the state. The jacks that can be found around Kearney are blacktails. The population is on an increase, or at least I know of an appretice who has them all mapped out.
    Chris Podraza

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Hey, guys, it's been awhile! I have a quick question for you: I was unable to afford this year's dues due to a couple of unforeseen financial circumstances. Currently, I've been working on building a stash to rectify this and to attend this years meet since it's in my state. Unfortunately, I cannot access the pre-registration sheet because I'm not a current member....is there a way I can get it without a password? I will be paying dues along with registration fees.
    ~Amanda K. - *Soaring on the wings of the hawk....see far, see clear, wind ruffles feathers...scream out defiance and love for life.*

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine At Heart View Post
    Hey, guys, it's been awhile! I have a quick question for you: I was unable to afford this year's dues due to a couple of unforeseen financial circumstances. Currently, I've been working on building a stash to rectify this and to attend this years meet since it's in my state. Unfortunately, I cannot access the pre-registration sheet because I'm not a current member....is there a way I can get it without a password? I will be paying dues along with registration fees.

    Hi Amanda.
    Drop Fred Fogg a line and he should fix ya up.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    Hi Amanda.
    Drop Fred Fogg a line and he should fix ya up.
    Do you have to be a NAFA member to attend? I have seen photos of many guys that are not and they are in the weathering yard etc at the MEET.?
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    10,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakerjack View Post
    Do you have to be a NAFA member to attend? I have seen photos of many guys that are not and they are in the weathering yard etc at the MEET.?
    To register for the Meet, you must be a member. Guest are allowed, so I imagine some folks show up as guest and some just show up without paying the registration fee (you can't ever keep the riff raff out LOL). Basically, the registration fee gives you a meet print, mug and pin and sometimes a meet hat (not all meets have hats) access to the vendors and speakers each evening. Personally, people that don't pay and come anyway are way down on my respect pole. They are just like the rest of the low lifes out there that want everything for free!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    To register for the Meet, you must be a member. Guest are allowed, so I imagine some folks show up as guest and some just show up without paying the registration fee (you can't ever keep the riff raff out LOL). Basically, the registration fee gives you a meet print, mug and pin and sometimes a meet hat (not all meets have hats) access to the vendors and speakers each evening. Personally, people that don't pay and come anyway are way down on my respect pole. They are just like the rest of the low lifes out there that want everything for free!
    Thanks you Fred,
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Hey Chris P! Those jackrabbit spots are my secret spots!!! Lol shhh. I'm only willing to take a golden eagle guy to them!! I live near Kearney and I'm out in the country all day everyday for my job and I have seen TONS of game this year!!!! Lots of quail, pheasant, grouse, prairie chickens, loads of bunnies and yes my secret coveted jackrabbit spot is booming!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cremmenga View Post
    Hey Chris P! Those jackrabbit spots are my secret spots!!! Lol shhh. I'm only willing to take a golden eagle guy to them!! I live near Kearney and I'm out in the country all day everyday for my job and I have seen TONS of game this year!!!! Lots of quail, pheasant, grouse, prairie chickens, loads of bunnies and yes my secret coveted jackrabbit spot is booming!!

    Hey Chris,

    I may have to take you up on some jack hawking while in NE. I wasn't planning on going to the NAFA meet for lack of jacks. But I have decided to go and see some people on my way home from hawking. Didn't figure I would fly there. But if you have jacks for a GE we may have to talk.

    Chase

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    GYE
    Posts
    4,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chase0109 View Post
    Hey Chris,

    I may have to take you up on some jack hawking while in NE. I wasn't planning on going to the NAFA meet for lack of jacks. But I have decided to go and see some people on my way home from hawking. Didn't figure I would fly there. But if you have jacks for a GE we may have to talk.

    Chase
    Dibs on flushing!
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Roseville
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRedig View Post
    Dibs on flushing!

    You got it Jeff. Were going to have to get together and fly soon. First weekend of October I'll be chasing whitetails with Dexter. Your more than welcome to come with.

    If there are jacks in NE I'll be flying at NAFA.

    Chase Delles

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    5,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chase0109 View Post
    You got it Jeff. Were going to have to get together and fly soon. First weekend of October I'll be chasing whitetails with Dexter. Your more than welcome to come with.

    If there are jacks in NE I'll be flying at NAFA.

    Chase Delles
    does this mean I need an eagle yard Chase??
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chase0109 View Post
    Hey Chris,

    I may have to take you up on some jack hawking while in NE. I wasn't planning on going to the NAFA meet for lack of jacks. But I have decided to go and see some people on my way home from hawking. Didn't figure I would fly there. But if you have jacks for a GE we may have to talk.

    Chase
    I haven't been on a GE hunt since NAFA in 2007. Hell, I'll beat brush like there's no tomorrow if you decide to fly here!
    ~Amanda K. - *Soaring on the wings of the hawk....see far, see clear, wind ruffles feathers...scream out defiance and love for life.*

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Ken also, it's me Chris just wanted to see if you could bring one of those khan horse hair hoods I spoke to you about in a size 14 to the NAFA meet? I'd kill to have one!!!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    10,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cremmenga View Post
    Ken also, it's me Chris just wanted to see if you could bring one of those khan horse hair hoods I spoke to you about in a size 14 to the NAFA meet? I'd kill to have one!!!
    Hey Chris, are you the guy that Leon hooked me and another guy from NC up with the last day of the NAFA meet the last time it was in Kearney and you took us to a spot with a ton of bunnies or was it another Chris?
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    Hey Chris, are you the guy that Leon hooked me and another guy from NC up with the last day of the NAFA meet the last time it was in Kearney and you took us to a spot with a ton of bunnies or was it another Chris?
    No I'm an apprentice, that was probably my sponsor. His name is Chris also. But fear not there are bunnies everywhere! I've seen really good game numbers this year!!! I think it must have been the mild winter and dry spring.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    10,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cremmenga View Post
    No I'm an apprentice, that was probably my sponsor. His name is Chris also. But fear not there are bunnies everywhere! I've seen really good game numbers this year!!! I think it must have been the mild winter and dry spring.
    OK, well, I will be at the NAFA meet so save some of those bunny spots for me and I will have a fresh female HH I produced this summer with me and would love to show her some jacks, along with my 2nd year female red-tail.

    And before the mods get all over you, click on User CP up above and then Edit Signature and put your name in there along with what else you want and it will put that signature at the bottom of each of your post. One of the rules on here is to sign each post and that is the easiest way to do it.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    OK, well, I will be at the NAFA meet so save some of those bunny spots for me and I will have a fresh female HH I produced this summer with me and would love to show her some jacks, along with my 2nd year female red-tail.

    And before the mods get all over you, click on User CP up above and then Edit Signature and put your name in there along with what else you want and it will put that signature at the bottom of each of your post. One of the rules on here is to sign each post and that is the easiest way to do it.
    Ok thanks for the signature heads up!!! I could point you in the direction of cottontails but the jacks are my secret!!!
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cremmenga View Post
    No I'm an apprentice, that was probably my sponsor. His name is Chris also. But fear not there are bunnies everywhere! I've seen really good game numbers this year!!! I think it must have been the mild winter and dry spring.
    Good to see you on here Chris, and welcome!
    ~Amanda K. - *Soaring on the wings of the hawk....see far, see clear, wind ruffles feathers...scream out defiance and love for life.*

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cremmenga View Post
    Ken also, it's me Chris just wanted to see if you could bring one of those khan horse hair hoods I spoke to you about in a size 14 to the NAFA meet? I'd kill to have one!!!
    OK I will bring one with me with your name on it until I see you.
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sakerjack View Post
    OK I will bring one with me with your name on it until I see you.
    Thanks Ken !!!
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Katy , Texas
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cremmenga View Post
    Thanks Ken !!!
    got any pics of you and your hawk, sounds like you have it going on!! big bird , big rabbits and all that stuff, sounds like you need to do an introduction of you and your bird and we like pictures too.. and where is a good place to scuba dive in NE. ??

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robhawkyyz View Post
    got any pics of you and your hawk, sounds like you have it going on!! big bird , big rabbits and all that stuff, sounds like you need to do an introduction of you and your bird and we like pictures too.. and where is a good place to scuba dive in NE. ??
    Lol I'm not sure I got it going on! Lol I do have a big bird and a great jack rabbit spot, and if I could figure out how to up load a picture I'd show you some of the pictures. Although I have been hunting all my life with about every form of weapon you can imagine, I am new to falconry. Time will tell how I do and wether or not my bird will actually want to give it a go at those jacks. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Right now with this hot weather training and weight control is giving me fitts. As for scuba diving in Nebraska, the sand pits are great. Not real deep but most of the time they have great visibility and decent aquatic life to look at and spear fish.
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •