Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE

White tail Jacks can be found up in the north west corner of the state. The jacks that can be found around Kearney are blacktails. The population is on an increase, or at least I know of an appretice who has them all mapped out.
    Chris Podraza

Hey, guys, it's been awhile! I have a quick question for you: I was unable to afford this year's dues due to a couple of unforeseen financial circumstances. Currently, I've been working on building a stash to rectify this and to attend this years meet since it's in my state. Unfortunately, I cannot access the pre-registration sheet because I'm not a current member....is there a way I can get it without a password? I will be paying dues along with registration fees.
    ~Amanda K. - *Soaring on the wings of the hawk....see far, see clear, wind ruffles feathers...scream out defiance and love for life.*

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine At Heart View Post
    Hey, guys, it's been awhile! I have a quick question for you: I was unable to afford this year's dues due to a couple of unforeseen financial circumstances. Currently, I've been working on building a stash to rectify this and to attend this years meet since it's in my state. Unfortunately, I cannot access the pre-registration sheet because I'm not a current member....is there a way I can get it without a password? I will be paying dues along with registration fees.

Hi Amanda.
    Drop Fred Fogg a line and he should fix ya up.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    Hi Amanda.
    Drop Fred Fogg a line and he should fix ya up.
    Do you have to be a NAFA member to attend? I have seen photos of many guys that are not and they are in the weathering yard etc at the MEET.?
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

Quote Originally Posted by sakerjack View Post
    Do you have to be a NAFA member to attend? I have seen photos of many guys that are not and they are in the weathering yard etc at the MEET.?
    To register for the Meet, you must be a member. Guest are allowed, so I imagine some folks show up as guest and some just show up without paying the registration fee (you can't ever keep the riff raff out LOL). Basically, the registration fee gives you a meet print, mug and pin and sometimes a meet hat (not all meets have hats) access to the vendors and speakers each evening. Personally, people that don't pay and come anyway are way down on my respect pole. They are just like the rest of the low lifes out there that want everything for free!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    To register for the Meet, you must be a member. Guest are allowed, so I imagine some folks show up as guest and some just show up without paying the registration fee (you can't ever keep the riff raff out LOL). Basically, the registration fee gives you a meet print, mug and pin and sometimes a meet hat (not all meets have hats) access to the vendors and speakers each evening. Personally, people that don't pay and come anyway are way down on my respect pole. They are just like the rest of the low lifes out there that want everything for free!
    Thanks you Fred,
    Ken Hooke

Joby Guest

Hey Ken!! I've been meaning to ask you....can I have a free hood....I mean...if you've got any laying around right now!!! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Joby View Post
    Hey Ken!! I've been meaning to ask you....can I have a free hood....I mean...if you've got any laying around right now!!! : )
    Sure,, what color? I will have some hoods and savers at the NAFA Meet, look me up if you are attending.
    Ken Hooke

Sure,, what color? I will have some hoods and savers at the NAFA Meet, look me up if you are attending.
    Ken will you be at the NAFA Meet this year? If so I really look forward to meeting you in person.
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Ken will you be at the NAFA Meet this year? If so I really look forward to meeting you in person.
    Hey Chris I am going this year, first time. Looking forward to meeting the NAFEX Dudes and Dudettes..
    Ken Hooke

Hey Chris P! Those jackrabbit spots are my secret spots!!! Lol shhh. I'm only willing to take a golden eagle guy to them!! I live near Kearney and I'm out in the country all day everyday for my job and I have seen TONS of game this year!!!! Lots of quail, pheasant, grouse, prairie chickens, loads of bunnies and yes my secret coveted jackrabbit spot is booming!!

Ken also, it's me Chris just wanted to see if you could bring one of those khan horse hair hoods I spoke to you about in a size 14 to the NAFA meet? I'd kill to have one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cremmenga View Post
    Ken also, it's me Chris just wanted to see if you could bring one of those khan horse hair hoods I spoke to you about in a size 14 to the NAFA meet? I'd kill to have one!!!
    Hey Chris, are you the guy that Leon hooked me and another guy from NC up with the last day of the NAFA meet the last time it was in Kearney and you took us to a spot with a ton of bunnies or was it another Chris?
    Fred

Hey Chris, are you the guy that Leon hooked me and another guy from NC up with the last day of the NAFA meet the last time it was in Kearney and you took us to a spot with a ton of bunnies or was it another Chris?
    No I'm an apprentice, that was probably my sponsor. His name is Chris also. But fear not there are bunnies everywhere! I've seen really good game numbers this year!!! I think it must have been the mild winter and dry spring.

No I'm an apprentice, that was probably my sponsor. His name is Chris also. But fear not there are bunnies everywhere! I've seen really good game numbers this year!!! I think it must have been the mild winter and dry spring.
    OK, well, I will be at the NAFA meet so save some of those bunny spots for me and I will have a fresh female HH I produced this summer with me and would love to show her some jacks, along with my 2nd year female red-tail.

And before the mods get all over you, click on User CP up above and then Edit Signature and put your name in there along with what else you want and it will put that signature at the bottom of each of your post. One of the rules on here is to sign each post and that is the easiest way to do it.
    Fred

OK, well, I will be at the NAFA meet so save some of those bunny spots for me and I will have a fresh female HH I produced this summer with me and would love to show her some jacks, along with my 2nd year female red-tail.

And before the mods get all over you, click on User CP up above and then Edit Signature and put your name in there along with what else you want and it will put that signature at the bottom of each of your post. One of the rules on here is to sign each post and that is the easiest way to do it.
    Ok thanks for the signature heads up!!! I could point you in the direction of cottontails but the jacks are my secret!!!
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

Ok thanks for the signature heads up!!! I could point you in the direction of cottontails but the jacks are my secret!!!
    PM sent to you!
    Fred

Good to see you on here Chris, and welcome!
    ~Amanda K. - *Soaring on the wings of the hawk....see far, see clear, wind ruffles feathers...scream out defiance and love for life.*

Hey Chris P! Those jackrabbit spots are my secret spots!!! Lol shhh. I'm only willing to take a golden eagle guy to them!! I live near Kearney and I'm out in the country all day everyday for my job and I have seen TONS of game this year!!!! Lots of quail, pheasant, grouse, prairie chickens, loads of bunnies and yes my secret coveted jackrabbit spot is booming!!

Hey Chris,

I may have to take you up on some jack hawking while in NE. I wasn't planning on going to the NAFA meet for lack of jacks. But I have decided to go and see some people on my way home from hawking. Didn't figure I would fly there. But if you have jacks for a GE we may have to talk.

Chase

Quote Originally Posted by chase0109 View Post
    Hey Chris,

I may have to take you up on some jack hawking while in NE. I wasn't planning on going to the NAFA meet for lack of jacks. But I have decided to go and see some people on my way home from hawking. Didn't figure I would fly there. But if you have jacks for a GE we may have to talk.

Chase
    Dibs on flushing!
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Hey Chris,

Chase
    I haven't been on a GE hunt since NAFA in 2007. Hell, I'll beat brush like there's no tomorrow if you decide to fly here!

OK I will bring one with me with your name on it until I see you.
    Ken Hooke

OK I will bring one with me with your name on it until I see you.
    Thanks Ken !!!
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

Thanks Ken !!!
    got any pics of you and your hawk, sounds like you have it going on!! big bird , big rabbits and all that stuff, sounds like you need to do an introduction of you and your bird and we like pictures too.. and where is a good place to scuba dive in NE. ??

Quote Originally Posted by robhawkyyz View Post
    got any pics of you and your hawk, sounds like you have it going on!! big bird , big rabbits and all that stuff, sounds like you need to do an introduction of you and your bird and we like pictures too.. and where is a good place to scuba dive in NE. ??
    Lol I'm not sure I got it going on! Lol I do have a big bird and a great jack rabbit spot, and if I could figure out how to up load a picture I'd show you some of the pictures. Although I have been hunting all my life with about every form of weapon you can imagine, I am new to falconry. Time will tell how I do and wether or not my bird will actually want to give it a go at those jacks. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Right now with this hot weather training and weight control is giving me fitts. As for scuba diving in Nebraska, the sand pits are great. Not real deep but most of the time they have great visibility and decent aquatic life to look at and spear fish.
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

and if I could figure out how to up load a picture I'd show you some of the pictures.

PM sent.....
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    PM sent.....
    Thanks, I figured out why I can't upload pics. I'm doing this from my phone and I need to be on a pc it looks like to make that work.
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

Thanks, I figured out why I can't upload pics. I'm doing this from my phone and I need to be on a pc it looks like to make that work.
    No, you can post from a phone. I have. See the link I sent you in PM
    www.Dirthawking.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    No, you can post from a phone. I have. See the link I sent you in PM
    Hmm my iPhone wont let me post pictures. I had the same problem in a different forum about classic cars. Not a big deal though I can use my computer to do that! Thanks again for the info!
    Chris Remmenga
    Kearney, Nebraska

Hmm my iPhone wont let me post pictures. I had the same problem in a different forum about classic cars. Not a big deal though I can use my computer to do that! Thanks again for the info!

You have to use an off site photo site such as photobucket. Even have to do that from your computer unless you are a supporting member.
    www.Dirthawking.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRedig View Post
    Dibs on flushing!

You got it Jeff. Were going to have to get together and fly soon. First weekend of October I'll be chasing whitetails with Dexter. Your more than welcome to come with.

If there are jacks in NE I'll be flying at NAFA.

Chase Delles

You got it Jeff. Were going to have to get together and fly soon. First weekend of October I'll be chasing whitetails with Dexter. Your more than welcome to come with.

If there are jacks in NE I'll be flying at NAFA.

Chase Delles
    does this mean I need an eagle yard Chase??
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    does this mean I need an eagle yard Chase??
    Hey Rich,

I appreciate the thought and offer. But I do not weather my bird at meets, especially NAFA meets. Too much of a spectacle. I'm there to hunt. He weathers on my fist in the field. I am not aware of any other eagle falconers planning on attending nafa this year, but someone might show up. Consider it less work for you and Mario. You guys do a great job and will have your hands full as is.

Thanks,

Chase

Hey Rich,

I appreciate the thought and offer. But I do not weather my bird at meets, especially NAFA meets. Too much of a spectacle. I'm there to hunt. He weathers on my fist in the field. I am not aware of any other eagle falconers planning on attending nafa this year, but someone might show up. Consider it less work for you and Mario. You guys do a great job and will have your hands full as is.

Thanks,

Chase
    Thanks Bud. The yard this year is long and some what narrow. Trying to rig up a 2nd gate so the walk isn't so long with bird and or water bucket.
    Look forward to seeing ya. Stop on by the gate.
    Rich in Illinois....

Hey guys! As we're getting within a month of the meet (getting excited!), I have a question regarding hunting licenses...

I know at Vernal last year they had a "special" license you could purchase just for the Meet...is something similar happening this year? What are the prices for out of state upland bird, waterfowl, and small game? Can I purchase them on the NE fish and game website?

Hope to see lots of your smiling faces down there Had such a blast last year. Thanks all!
    ~~~Ally~~~ Missoula, MT
    If you dislike a person, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you are a mile away from them, and have their shoes.

Thread Information