Just wanted to post an update.

My fiance and I are getting married this Jan and are currently buying a house. We're moving to the Wilderness Rim in North Bend, right next to Rattlesnake Ridge (and Mount Si). Our back yard is fenced and pretty big, I want to say it's a 1/3 acre, very wooded too.

Since I've started my research, I have picked up a few more books (such as the new one by the Coulsons. I have also joined my state's club and been in contact with a couple of members. I'm still looking for a sponsor, or at least, someone to tag along with this season to absorb as much as I can via the hunt. The couple of contacts I've spoke to have apprentices at the moment, but one may have extra time for me after the 1st of the year.

If anyone has any leads, or would enjoy having someone tag along for a hunt, let me know. You can PM me and I'll give you all my info.

Hopefully, I can find a sponsor in my area before next year's season opening. At least, that's my plan. Right now, I'm going to start researching mews plans and looking at picking up some gear for xmas (as I'd prefer to space out my purchases, rather than buy it all over the summer at once).

Hope everyone is having a good season and that the winter is treating you right.