Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
Ryan,

I don't think judging falconers because their bird mantles on game determines anything within the parameters of falconry. If that were the case, a whole bunch of falconers who have been successful over the years hunting with hawks would have to reconsider . . . . maybe we should? Maybe it's that important? BTW, don't let me see any of your hawks mantling :-)

Bill Boni
I could care less if someones bird mantles or not. Some falconers strive to achieve no mantling and some don't. It matters not to me, to each there own. The purpose of the thread was for Dillon to express his thoughts on manning and training. Doesnt really matter who agrees or disagrees. Nothing he has said can be proven wrong. Only opinions and feelings. No one has to agree here, that why the thread is called "Thoughts on Manning," not "Facts on Manning."

Yes, Dillon is my friend and former coworker so I'm on board with much of what he has written. No one ever said that anyone has to do anything like he or I or anyone else does. Heaven forbid we have some information as to the why instead of just the how.

BTW my example about robbing was just an example, the simplest one, of course there are many reasons that a bird can/will mantle I didnt realized that I had to list them all to make my point.