Thread: Thoughts on Manning, from a Behaviorism Perspective

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well to answer your first question tom at 4 birds a yr it would take 50 yrs. 75yrs for three a yr and at 2 a yr it would take 100yrs rember i said i cant spell math is a whole dirrerent ,pl Rember dillon is in abaitment so he most likley trains far more than those numbers in a given yr. I know this because in the last 4 yrs i have trained 20plus birds for my work. I also spent a great portion of my life traping a bird training it free flyingu it then fattening it up and releasing it and doing the same prosess byiearing this in mind it is possiable to train far more than your statistics might imply.

Dillon i wish you all the luck, and hope that your time in falconry delivers you expect from it. my question were not for a pissing contest or to discredit you.

What you expect from it. I dont know what happend to that what in the previous post.
    Last edited by Chris L.; 07-08-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by accipiter007 View Post
    Well to answer your first question tom at 4 birds a yr it would take 50 yrs. 75yrs for three a yr and at 2 a yr it would take 100yrs rember i said i cant spell math is a whole dirrerent ,pl Rember dillon is in abaitment so he most likley trains far more than those numbers in a given yr. I know this because in the last 4 yrs i have trained 20plus birds for my work. I also spent a great portion of my life traping a bird training it free flyingu it then fattening it up and releasing it and doing the same prosess byiearing this in mind it is possiable to train far more than your statistics might imply.
    David, It is not my question it was your question and I was suggesting a way you could answer it yourself.

So neither Dillon or you get on my case. I said in a previous post that I agreed with Dillons methodology because it is essentially, whether the writer or Dillon knows it or not, is the way nearly every falconry book ever written explains the training process. I see nothing new here.

When somebody says they have trained hundreds of hawks immediately the picture of a very very old person comes into my head. Dillon's avatar shows a picture of a younger looking person, in my falconry experience it is hard to visualize the circumstance that it would take to have trained hundreds of hawks. Even in the middle east where one person may have many hawks that person also has a falconer for each bird, I suppose in that circumstance one guy could have trained several dozens of birds over his lifetime. I don't think that one would enjoy his current bird much if what he was doing was trying to set a record of how many birds he could train.

I realize that a person might say figuratively that they have trained hundreds of hawks, but hearing that blows their credibility in whatever else they say at least for me.
    Last edited by Chris L.; 07-08-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    Tom Smith, Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.

Thread Information