Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
Dillion, I understand your explanation of Plan A. I have never done those things to the extreme that you put out there but like many here, I have done it to a lesser extent. The attitude of expose a bird to everything so it will get over it seems to me to be very common in the falconry world and I have to admit, I always thought that was how you get the bird past those fears. The Recipe (which I followed and now know isn't the best way to go) is a good example of this. I think what you are saying is yes, the bird has to be exposed to everything but not with negative consequences. I believe I have always had pretty good birds but some of what you have put out here has given me options and I hope others too. There are a lot of ways to skin a cat but doing it in a way that doesn't make the cat scream is better. LOL
Gotta run, Fred, but before I do, keep in mind that this stuff does NOT apply to imprints. The goal with them is to expose them to as many stimuli as possible before the fear response develops. More later.