IMPORTANT NOTICE: LOST BIRD - Male Harris Hawk, Kingsland, GA
HOME: 912-729-6325, Cell: 912-270-6734

My tiny male HH (Zip) escaped from the mews when I entered to clean up (4/21/12, 8:00am.) Zip is a hunting bird, he was fattened up in the mews with his female hunting partner for the molt. This is the same bird that headed for the hills his first season during hunting (2 years ago), I did not have telemetry at that time and could not locate him. On that occasion, he sought out people (probably hoping to be fed) at a Publix parking lot 1 1/2 miles from where he was lost. An animal control officer saw him and he came to her when offered a chicken leg. He is extremely tame and attracted to people and dogs. He is also lightning fast. When he flew out, he landed on a fence across the street, when I attempted to call him back from my yard, he "bumped" to a section of woods at the back of the subdivision. I searched this area, no luck. If he does not cross Interstate 95 and lose his bearings (about 1 1/2 miles into the woods) he may return, he has visual and audible locator cues ( my house and yard, where he is fed and trained, the two mews, with HH's that talk at feeding time, and the bells on his female hunting partner in the large, free loft mews they share during molt). He is a tiny, crow-sized male 515g. Flying weight) wearing leather anklets, leather jesses, acorn bells and a telemetry backpack). Unfortunately, I do not leave transmitters on during the molt. If you are a praying sort, I would appreciate your prayers. I have an attachment to this little bird. His band number is: RW096207. I will contact the local animal control officer, I am considering contacting the neighbors, not sure if that is a great idea or not.
Mike Bostic