Currently, Washington is one of the states that require a health certificate before raptors can be brought into the state. We are going to be approaching our state authorities to try and have that changed. As part of that process, one question that will definately come up is "what do the other states do."

To that end, I am going to be collecting simple information about the regulations in each of the 49 states that allow falconry in terms of wether they require a health certificate or not.

Unlike the more specific falconry regulations, health cert requirements can be troublesome to track down because they may be encoded in a very different part of the state legal code such as the state agriculture regulations which is in fact that case in Washington.

Soon I will be using the NAFA directory to track down someone from each of the states that allow falconry and ask the question, but I thought I might save some typing and perhaps helps some others with a similar project by asking for responses first.

So - what states require it? Which dont???