Thread: And im new

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default And im new

Hi folks !
    i just wanted to take the moment and introduce my self. My name is John, and i have been fascinated with falconry ever since my age could be measured with single digits. Now to make it seem like i view my self as old , but im only 35 and i hopefully have plenty of time to count my self as young .

back when i was 18 i had the opportunity to go hunting with a falconer and it is still an experience i can recount minute by minute. and over the years I've researched the sport, read several books and collected some videos. Being an artist i find that the more i think about Birds of prey the more i can tap into that ever so elusive thing called inspiration.

I soon hope to be able to get everything in line to make this a part of my life. i find that now that im older i have a better chance of being patient, thoughtful and responsible with my time. which were qualities i knew i didnt have when i was younger, well that and my own home to keep the little fella at .

Well thank you for letting me be a part of this message board and i hope to learn more !
    R. John Davenport
    http://www.rjohnart.com/

Welcome aboard R. John! Enjoy the ride.
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

Welcome to our lifestyle John. I hope you continue on and enjoy the ride.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Hey John, welcome to the forum. If you have any questions about falconry in Florida, feel free to PM me.
    ~Matt (formerly of Tampa)
    Dogs are my favorite kind of people.

Thanks for the warm welcome !

Hey Matt i would love to pick your brain some time. as things are looking right now it might be another year or 3 before i can get in , so i plan on using that time to get book smart on the sport. right now its the whole "getting the wife accustomed to the idea" phase of making this happen . though last time i had this conversation with her she was like , so let me get this straight , you want to be an artist who plays paintball and flys birds of prey ... you know when we have kids the rest of the dads will hate you right "
    R. John Davenport

Hello and welcome. My first bird I was in the middle of manning and my wife had no idea of how to take care of it so it went with me on a 24hr pb game in GA.Now I only play about once a year. To hot in the summer and to bizzy hunting with my bird in fall to play. I used to play every weekend.I miss it but I get more enjoyment out of flying my bird.
    LeRoy
    Respect is earned not given.

John, I will starting a new bird in about two weeks ( GyrXBarbary/RNS) Your Welcome to come up any time
    Russell Whetstone

Wow i would love to check that out please do let me know . id be glad to beat some bushes for you , Russell. i am also fairly decent with a camera, i might be able to capture some great memories for you.

as my plan is going right now , i want to meet as many people in my area ( ish ) as a can and would like to take the time to get to know someone who could eventually sponsor me . i may be over thinking it m but the way i see it is if i am asking someone to sponsor me i better be able to respect them and likewise . it is a commitment after all .. but if im over thinking it please do let me know .
    R. John Davenport

John, I live in lakeland, I will email you in couple weeks
    Russell Whetstone

Groovy !
    ill be in mexico from the 9th to the 13th . otherwise im way open !
    R. John Davenport

LOL went to a rehab facility today and got these shots,
    would love to get some shots in a more exciting environment

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    R. John Davenport

Thread Information