I've been soaking up loads of good information for the last week, a GIANT thank you to everyone for providing this wonderful educational opportunity.

I am NOT a falconer...yet! I work with a non-profit raptor education program, doing 125-150 programs a year. We currently keep a 23 yr old imprinted RTHA, a 2yr old imprinted AMKE, and two rehabbed wild owls, a WESO and a GHOW. At this time only the AMKE gets flown, and only indoors for excercise, not in programs.

The RTHA has taken a shine to me this year. I brought her sticks daily and she built a nice nest in her jumpbox and produced 3 very lovely eggs (infertile, of course). During the brooding, she acted "egg drunk", and has never been so gentle on the glove in her 23 years.

Our center is working towards becoming a rehab facility as well, since we seems to get quite a few calls on downed raptors (including three golden eagle calls this summer already). Meanwhile, we have a long row to hoe trying to convince people that shooting "chicken hawks" isn't a good idea.

Again, thanks everyone!
John Halverson