I am currently training a female RT and I'd like to incorporate some clicker training with the "usual" method of training a falconry bird. I've done some research but one area that I haven't been able to find a lot of information about is exactly how to manage tidbits when the hawk does something right. I don't want to inadvertently cause aggression towards me by handling food rewards incorrectly.

So I have a few questions.

Once I click a behavior I want, what is a good way to present the food reward? Does it depend on the situation, such as having a high level tidbit for hood training? I know that some people throw tidbits on the ground. Does a combination of methods work?

It seems to me that it's important to have multiple tidbits readily available during the training session. Is there too long a delay between the click and food reward if I have to reach into my hawking vest for a tidbit each time? Should I have multiple tidbits hidden in my gloved hand?

At the moment I can't think of any more questions, but knowing me I will probably have some later. If there is anyone who'd like to offer some advice on these or similar aspects of clicker training, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.