Thread: Howdy From East Texas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Howdy From East Texas

Hi everyone! Have been lurking and reading posts for quite some time now, learning a lot. Totally new to falconry, hope to get my first RTH this year. Set up to take the test this coming Tuesday (14th) and contractor should start on mews and weathering yard construction late next week. Got many great ideas on designing these, from reading threads in this forum - and from my sponsor. Thank you to everyone, for publicly sharing your ideas! Fortunate enough to have a master falconer for my sponsor, who is a very patient man - sharing tons of information and helping me along the way. Reside in the Sam Rayburn Lake area; look forward to lots of squirrel hunting!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Welcome aboard Deb and good luck with being able to get everything done in time to get a hawk. The great thing about Texas is you can trap year round. There are a few of us here in east Texas. I am from Crockett. In fact I am taking my friends apprentice out trapping in about a week or so from now for Harris' hawk. Anyway once again welcome aboard.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Thanks, Keith! Crockett isn't too far away; an hour and a half or so I think. Very excited about getting a RTH later this year. Have been working hard for months on getting ready for my test and designing/redesigning the mews and weathering yard plan. Enjoy your hawking and best of luck trapping some Harris!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Welcome to NAFEX Deb. Good luck with your test and build.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Thanks Deb I saw a passage RT about a week and half ago by the Trinty river off 21 on the east side.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Welcome Deb. I live outside of Tyler not too far from you. There is some great hunting down near Sam Rayburn. Hope you catch a great rt.
    Jeff Suggs
    Texas

Thanks for the huge welcome, everyone! I really look forward to hunting with my RTH and would love to join up with anyone who wants to hunt. We reside in the Angelina National Forest, so there are tons of great places available to hunt here. Know some good squirrel spots, as I've hunted the bushtails with a .22 for years. Also know a few places that should hold quite a few cottontails, but haven't been out to scout the areas yet this year. With temps in triple digits, not real interested in spending hours out walking in the woods. Fall is coming and I'll be out checking all the old spots and looking for new ones. Thanks again for all the welcome notes! Am very excited about getting started with falconry!
    Deb Davis

Thread Information