Thread: Hi from South Central Michigan!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi from South Central Michigan!!

Hi Everyone!

My name is James (Some people call me J.T.), and I'm from Jackson, Mi. currently, I'm studying to take my test, and working on my mews in the mean time. I hope to have my test taken, and passed, by the end of 2012, given the world doesn't end. :P

I've always been interested in working with birds of prey, since i was a wee-un, and I'm finally in a place to actually follow up on my passion.

I also keep a few species of psittacines, and have been using ABA (Applied behavioral analysis) methods, and operant conditioning, in their training.

I love to garden, love almost anything to do with the outdoors, as well as a plethora of other things!!

Very glad to be here!!

James

welcome! enjoy the ride.
    Brian In OHIO.

Quote Originally Posted by Live2hunt2003 View Post
    welcome! enjoy the ride.
    Thanks!! I think this is going to be one hell of a ride. One I don't plan to get off of for quite some time.

James
    Last edited by KidK; 11-01-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Hiya JT. Welcome to NAFEX.

Did you join the MHC yet? We have a meet in GR in December.

Hi Kory!!

I haven't yet, but that's because i'm buying materials for jesses, anklets, etc, as well as working on the mews. My next check will buy my membership, since I kinda forgot about it.

Karen has told me about the meet, and I'd love to attend that one, as well as the one in Feb. I plan to register for the one in Feb soon, so let me know what passing dishes are taken!! :P
    James

South Central Michigan

Since I'm having trouble editing my post, I wanted to clarify exactly what I've been doing with my mews. I haven't been going overboard while doing it just yet, as I know I will need a sponsor to help me do it RIGHT, instead of me doing it by myself, with lots of mistakes.

What I've been doing is converting an old, single car garage (12 x 20 feet approx.). It's in some beater shape, I'm not gonna lie. I've taken the door and squared it back up, since it had a 4 inch gap under the door. Just Simple things like that. I will admit, I've put up a few sheets of fiberglass Reinforced plastic, albeit not very large pieces.

A little too eager, I admit, but what else am I supposed to do, when my brain is all studied out? I plan on stopping work soon anyways, so I can focus on passing my test by the end of the month.
    James

South Central Michigan

Thread Information