Thread: Red Tail "Slip On"

Default Red Tail "Slip On"

Not sure there will be a huge interest but I have had a few guys ask about slip on hoods for their red tails. I pulled out some old patterns Dennis Maynes gave me and found this unique one and I have been working on them for a few weeks now. What is neat about this hood is that the chin area under the beak has for lack of a better word has a working 'Hinge". It should allow for a better fit and the key is that is slightly flexible which will enable the falconer to easily slip on the hood or slip off.
    I hope to have at least one with me at the NAFA Meet to see how it works and what other changes maybe needed. I am on my 10th prototype hood at the moment with a larger beak opening..

Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

ya can try em on Easy at Kearney
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Default Organized work table

Hi Ken,

How do you keep your work table so organized ? Mine never looks that good. Whats the timer for ? Glueing seams ?

Dan
    Dan Fenske
    Harrisburg, Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by Lowachi View Post
    ya can try em on Easy at Kearney
    Sounds great thanks Rich..
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by California Native View Post
    Hi Ken,

How do you keep your work table so organized ? Mine never looks that good. Whats the timer for ? Glueing seams ?

Dan
    Hello Dan, Well not super tidy but somewhat organized and EVERYTHING is reachable from my chair and work desk, all I have to do is turn on my swivel chair and get what I need. I time everything, especially applying dyes , drying time for them and you are correct glueing seams.
    Ken Hooke

Quote Originally Posted by sakerjack View Post
    Hello Dan, Well not super tidy but somewhat organized and EVERYTHING is reachable from my chair and work desk, all I have to do is turn on my swivel chair and get what I need. I time everything, especially applying dyes , drying time for them and you are correct glueing seams.
    Much more organized than mine....you don't want to see my work area... too small for all the projects. Things get placed in racks between 'shifts'. Works well enough I suppose, I just don't have the room I did.

Ken, both the RT's will arrive Friday nite, just check in the yard after morning coffeeSat morning
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Much more organized than mine....you don't want to see my work area... too small for all the projects. Things get placed in racks between 'shifts'. Works well enough I suppose, I just don't have the room I did.

Ken, both the RT's will arrive Friday nite, just check in the yard after morning coffeeSat morning
    The one I have on the block now would be for a LARGE female rtail and I will try to make one or two more, I will hunt you down Sat when we get there.
    Ken Hooke

The one I have on the block now would be for a LARGE female rtail and I will try to make one or two more, I will hunt you down Sat when we get there.
    with bracelets and jesses only, Gwen flies 40.5-41.5, Easy 39.5 -40.5 oz.. We'll give em a try.
    Rich in Illinois....

with bracelets and jesses only, Gwen flies 40.5-41.5, Easy 39.5 -40.5 oz.. We'll give em a try.
    I will try and have two hoods to try Rich,, the one on the block is likely too big but I will get a smaller one done before I go. IF ANYONE has got a BIG ASS female RTAIL and would like to try my RT SLIPER, please see me at the meet. If it Fits its yours!!
    Ken Hooke

MORNING COFFEE??? Surely you jest?,, a swig of Jack, a shot of what AILS ya and a bud man. Oh Ya, knee pain killers, Zantac and Bacon and eggs,, Sucks getting OLD!!
    Ken Hooke

MORNING COFFEE??? Surely you jest?,, a swig of Jack, a shot of what AILS ya and a bud man. Oh Ya, knee pain killers, Zantac and Bacon and eggs,, Sucks getting OLD!!
    BUD!!!
    Comeaux
    IT'S NOT THE KILL...IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE!

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Quote Originally Posted by mewskeeper View Post
    BUD!!!
    LMAO,,, it just came to mind as I was sucking a few down,, I am waiting for that Texas IMPORT!!
    Ken Hooke

LMAO,,, it just came to mind as I was sucking a few down,, I am waiting for that Texas IMPORT!!
    It will be there
    Comeaux

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Quote Originally Posted by mewskeeper View Post
    It will be there
    Can life's ANTICIPATION get any better than this , Texas Beer, Coon Ass Shrimp Boil,, Great friends and Falconry????????? I don't think so!
    Ken Hooke

actually 2 aleive, 1 prilosec & 2 vicodin, sausage,toast n eggs and Irish coffee, pretty much for years. It's not getting old, it's the mis-spent youth!. Life happens, "Life begins at the end of the comfort zone!!"
    Rich in Illinois....

Hi Ken just seen this thread and Love those hoods. The design is so cool. I like the round sinnett top knot. It looks cool how you feed the end piece back in, very interesting.
    Thanks, Keith Denman
    desertdragonfalconry.com

Can life's ANTICIPATION get any better than this , Texas Beer, Coon Ass Shrimp Boil,, Great friends and Falconry????????? I don't think so!
    You forgot one the "BLACK"
    Comeaux

"Emperor Coon Ass"

I will try and have two hoods to try Rich,, the one on the block is likely too big but I will get a smaller one done before I go. IF ANYONE has got a BIG ASS female RTAIL and would like to try my RT SLIPER, please see me at the meet. If it Fits its yours!!

Brandi's RT flies around the 1350 (47.62 ounces) or higher mark. You are welcome to try and get one on her.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    Brandi's RT flies around the 1350 (47.62 ounces) or higher mark. You are welcome to try and get one on her.
    Thank you, if you are around look me up, I will have two for sizing the larger one and a smaller female hood. I am making one for Rich and his Rtails and the other one that is finished.
    They are unique, that little hinge chin strap might be a keeper.
    Ken Hooke

Thread Information