Hello everyone,

My name is TJ Lydon. I thought I'd throw out some info about me here to get to meet some people and get to know more about the art and sport of falconry.

I am fairly new to forums and so please forgive any newbie mistakes I may make.

I live in Saint Paul, MN and have been interested in birds of prey since I was a wee lad (I'm 37 now). I've read some material off and on through the years but knew that I didn't really have the time or money to properly care for a share hunting experiences with a hawk. My life is more suited now to fulfilling a dream of mine to become a falconer.

I’ve been lucky enough to be a volunteer at the Raptor Center for a while now. I truly love being around the raptors and seeing them fly. My interest in falconry is a little difficult to describe. I have an inner drive to be involved in the sport. I like that you can be in a partnership to a wild raptor and join in the hunt. I like the idea of being a little closer to the “circle of life” if you will. I like that the odds aren’t stacked against the quarry too much. I’m not against rife or bow hunting, quite the contrary, but I do like the fairness and excitement of the chase. I’m not sure how exactly to put it in a text form, but I hope that helps get a little of why I’m interested across.

I would love to meet some falconers in the twin cities area of MN or around Duluth, MN which we go up to at least once a month but sometimes more. If anyone is interested in chatting or meeting me I can be reached at tjlydonjr@gmail.com

I’m looking forward to participating in the forums here and have enjoyed reading the threads.

Thank you,

TJ Lydon