Thread: Pre-Apprentice in Saint Paul, MN

Default Pre-Apprentice in Saint Paul, MN

Hello everyone,

My name is TJ Lydon. I thought I'd throw out some info about me here to get to meet some people and get to know more about the art and sport of falconry.

I am fairly new to forums and so please forgive any newbie mistakes I may make.

I live in Saint Paul, MN and have been interested in birds of prey since I was a wee lad (I'm 37 now). I've read some material off and on through the years but knew that I didn't really have the time or money to properly care for a share hunting experiences with a hawk. My life is more suited now to fulfilling a dream of mine to become a falconer.

I’ve been lucky enough to be a volunteer at the Raptor Center for a while now. I truly love being around the raptors and seeing them fly. My interest in falconry is a little difficult to describe. I have an inner drive to be involved in the sport. I like that you can be in a partnership to a wild raptor and join in the hunt. I like the idea of being a little closer to the “circle of life” if you will. I like that the odds aren’t stacked against the quarry too much. I’m not against rife or bow hunting, quite the contrary, but I do like the fairness and excitement of the chase. I’m not sure how exactly to put it in a text form, but I hope that helps get a little of why I’m interested across.

I would love to meet some falconers in the twin cities area of MN or around Duluth, MN which we go up to at least once a month but sometimes more. If anyone is interested in chatting or meeting me I can be reached at tjlydonjr@gmail.com

I’m looking forward to participating in the forums here and have enjoyed reading the threads.

Thank you,

TJ Lydon

Welcome to the site TJ

I'm fairly certain someone will point you in the right direction for finding a sponsor in your area.
    There is an absolute wealth of knowledge on this site and an abundance of support from its members.
    Exciting times lay ahead and I hope you enjoy every second of it.
    Chad Pawluk, Indian Head, Saskatchewan, Canada
    http://www.saskfalconersclub.com

Thanks Poleyc!

I'm hoping to find some people to talk to and if they want to sponsor me at some point in the future that'd be great. But I'd also just like to be able to experience some of the aspects of falconry and have some people to talk with about it.

I'm very happy to have found this forum. I'm reading quite a lot of interesting stuff. The thread on the contruction of mews is great, I'm getting a lot of great ideas.

TJ Lydon
    Tj Lydon
    Saint Paul, MN

TJ

There are quite a few MN falconers on NAFEX but many of them are at the national falconry meet this week. Probably the best way to meet MN falconers is to come to our state club functions. The next one will be the second weekend in December in Mankato, MN

Our club website is

http://www.mnfalconry.org/

Feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions.
    Jill
    Hector MN

Hello Citabria,

Thank you for the info. I'd like to get some more info on that get together. I'm not sure how to send you a message directly. Could you email me at tjlydonjr@gmail.com?

I'll be sending in my membership form next week.

TJ Lydon
    Tj Lydon
    Saint Paul, MN

Hi TJ
    If you click on the persons name in the top lefthand corner you'll get options to send that person a private message.
    Chad Pawluk, Indian Head, Saskatchewan, Canada
    http://www.saskfalconersclub.com

Hey Poleyc,

Thanks for the info!

Tj Lydon
    Tj Lydon
    Saint Paul, MN

Thread Information