Thread: upgrading equipment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Takes a licking and keeps on Beeping

I lost a Scout transmitter about six weeks ago when I was on a three state travel fest for work. I did not realize it was gone until I got home. It had three weeks of constant use in it and then the six weeks of lying out in the field under sage brush. I didn't think it made much sense to drive 150 miles one way to look for it so I waited until this weekend to go hawking there again. I had reviewed the Go Pro footage so I knew roughly where it had gone MIA (between 2 fields). I planned to walk the fields and hope to get lucky. I was pleasantly surprised to find it pinging away when I pulled up. Located it quickly and set about hawking. It was on the double ping mode when I got there. Just really appreciate the fact that had my bird been on the wing for that long I would still have a signal.
    I also left one on accidentally in Missouri at the end of the hawking season and when I was unpacking my stuff in the summer, I checked my receiver and low and behold the transmitter was pinging away.

I am impressed
    Phil Smith
    Rolla, MO (By way of Neah Bay, WA; Yakima, WA, Stanwood, WA; Anchorage, AK)

I recently bought a used field marshall receiver. Only had to use it once to locate a lost transmitter that got knocked off my redtail in thick brush. Compared to my previous receiver it quickly got me within a couple feet of the transmitter instead of within 10 feet. Made short work of getting the transmitter back. I really like it so far and glad I made the switch. I have been using Marshall transmitters for years [ I have 2 scouts, a Rt+, and now a powermax.] Right now there are people upgrading to the new UHF telemetry and many good deals on used telemetry equipment
    Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Thread Information