Thread: upgrading equipment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default upgrading equipment

after many years of hoping and dreaming i finally was able to make the upgrade to marshall telemetry. the quality in it is just amazing to me, and i am glad i made the switch.
    Chris
    Goshawks get it done with style

Default Takes a licking and keeps on Beeping

I lost a Scout transmitter about six weeks ago when I was on a three state travel fest for work. I did not realize it was gone until I got home. It had three weeks of constant use in it and then the six weeks of lying out in the field under sage brush. I didn't think it made much sense to drive 150 miles one way to look for it so I waited until this weekend to go hawking there again. I had reviewed the Go Pro footage so I knew roughly where it had gone MIA (between 2 fields). I planned to walk the fields and hope to get lucky. I was pleasantly surprised to find it pinging away when I pulled up. Located it quickly and set about hawking. It was on the double ping mode when I got there. Just really appreciate the fact that had my bird been on the wing for that long I would still have a signal.
    I also left one on accidentally in Missouri at the end of the hawking season and when I was unpacking my stuff in the summer, I checked my receiver and low and behold the transmitter was pinging away.

I am impressed
    Phil Smith
    Rolla, MO (By way of Neah Bay, WA; Yakima, WA, Stanwood, WA; Anchorage, AK)

I recently bought a used field marshall receiver. Only had to use it once to locate a lost transmitter that got knocked off my redtail in thick brush. Compared to my previous receiver it quickly got me within a couple feet of the transmitter instead of within 10 feet. Made short work of getting the transmitter back. I really like it so far and glad I made the switch. I have been using Marshall transmitters for years [ I have 2 scouts, a Rt+, and now a powermax.] Right now there are people upgrading to the new UHF telemetry and many good deals on used telemetry equipment
    Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by skooky20 View Post
    after many years of hoping and dreaming i finally was able to make the upgrade to marshall telemetry. the quality in it is just amazing to me, and i am glad i made the switch.
    Congrats Chris on the upgrade, You will not be disappointed. Marshall is the only telemetry I use!
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

...and the customer service from Marshall is in a league of it's own!
    Ricco
    Calm seas have never made a good sailor.

Thread Information