Thread: 3-186a online form

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 3-186a online form

Does anyone here know where to find the 3-186a form online ? I have searched the ca dfg site and can't seem to find it.
    Jeff Blower

Thank you Tanner,
    I knew it was there but could not find it.
    Jeff Blower

If you are a member of NAFA, there are forms available in the Members Area.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Since birds are now transferred on-line via Feds 3-186A, with both parties names, license, address, and transfer type and transfer date listed, does there remain a requirement for both parties to each submit an on-line 3-186A?
    tom
    The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. W.Harvard

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scheib View Post
    Since birds are now transferred on-line via Feds 3-186A, with both parties names, license, address, and transfer type and transfer date listed, does there remain a requirement for both parties to each submit an on-line 3-186A?
    Yes.I also had to get a FED #
    Robert Miller

Orlando, FL

Thanks Robert, sometimes I get lost in this "the internet and on-line submission" will save much time and effort.
    tom
    The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. W.Harvard

Maybe not!It took me 3 days and a couple phone calls to get mine filed.It kept saying my permit # was wrong and after I got that cleared up it told me the permit # of the person transferring me a bird was wrong.
    Robert Miller

Orlando, FL

Has anyone been successful in getting these forms filed on-line? I have tried since 1-1-15 and can't be successful (in Ca. ) I called Ca. DFW and was told they would work it out with the FED IT people but I still can't file the form on line. ANyone has any more current info on the problem?
    Jim Wolfe
    "The urge to save humanity is always a front for the urge to rule." H.L. Mencken

I've been using the online system for a few years and it only takes about one minute to file a 3-186a. You need to make sure for transfers that you use the right name of the other person involved in the transfer, like if a person's name is "Bob Smith" the system may reject the 3-186a if his federal ID was filed under "Robert Smith". Having a helpful person at your state's permit office is also a great asset if you run into snags, fortunately our NM person person is great.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Mine just went thru, but I had a copy of the one submitted by the other party 2 days ago and I copied everything exactly like the previous submission.
    tom

I didn't have any issue using the online system once I got my permit number worked out with the state. I got my license right as the state was swinging over to the online system and I got caught in the chaos. But once they got my account live I had no issue using the system.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

Another thing about the system for States coming under the new Federal regs as of 2014..........any birds in their possession prior to Jan 2014 are not on the form thus causing an appearance of an inaccurate accounting of birds on hand. Seems anything prior to 2014 would have and should have been recorded automatically by the feds or state to the new 3-186 so as to be more accurate. It is accurate (for those States going active in 2014) only as of and after Jan 2014 for birds on hand. Anything prior is excluded.
    Joe N.

Florida Panhandel

Thread Information