Quote Originally Posted by Zarafia View Post
You all make excellent points (yes, even you, Barry ). Yep, 50 likes from 50 apprentices wouldn't lend much credibility to a post. But 50 likes from falconers we know and respect would mean a great deal.
Really it's a time saver and a way to say, "Yeah, I agree."
Like Jeff, I usually look to see who has "liked" something I am interested in.
If Chris and the mods don't want to do it then no problem. I may ask again in another three years .
Mer,
I am sorry I won't be adding a like button. I feel it adds false merit to posts. I want each person to read it and post if they want. I do not want to know who "likes" it. It really doesn't matter to me if someone likes it. As you probably know I don't follow the masses...

I appreciate you wanting to make the forum better or more user friendly. Thank you for thinking outside the box and offering up suggestions. I always welcome them

Quote Originally Posted by sharptail View Post
Opinions, opinions. Of course when you pay it is something bought and paid for and changes the whole relationship. How does the forum Ban or issue infractions to a paying member/part owner? Certainly the way it is done now would need to change, with paying members given more of an even hand.
Quote Originally Posted by sharptail View Post
Great imagination on the Boat thing...unfortunately the 'edge' is variable, depending on who sets 'the edge' at any given time and it also may vary from member to member.
Jeff,

These last 2 quotes do not sit well with me. What I can tell you is you are a guest in my house and I will adjust the rules as I see fit for each member for the better of the community. I try my best to be fair but my goal is to keep the community alive and proactive. If one person has to go for the better of the community then so be it. I have to make these decisions and I can't always make everyone happy, I do try my best. What you think is fair or proper is not of concern to me, especially when you have been a member since 2007 and haven't contributed a dime to show your support....You sir don't have a dog in this fight.