Hello all,

I have to admit that I feel pretty excited even posting on this topic, as falconry has been something that I've often thought of, but never spoken about. As the title says, I am a complete newbie. I ordered the falconry guide from the Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks and have been been reading through it, along with a few books that I have, but that is as far as I have gone. I would very much like to meet some falconers in my area to go out hunting with them. See, I love and admire raptors but I want to be sure that falconry is really something that I can commit myself to. I am eager to learn more and to ask questions.
About myself: I am a graduate student studying urban ecology (my thesis is on feral pigeons). I am a great outdoor enthusiast, as well as a proud sci-fi nerd. I am married to a great guy who thinks my interest is falconry is awesome, and I have the greatest two year old son on the planet. He hasn't expressed an opinion on the matter.
So, anyone from Montana out there? I live in Butte, but I will travel to meet you (within reason, of course. Probably I won't drive to Scobey. Probably.) I'm looking to make some contacts and learn the realities of falconry. Thanks for reading!

Callie