Thread: Hey Ya'll from MI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hey Ya'll from MI

Thought I should post an intro. I am just getting into falconry and have begun studying for my exam. I just plan on doing a lot of reading on this forum to glean wisdom from others. I am currently in the Lapeer area but will be moving to the Alcona county area later this year. Using the time between moves to study for my exam.
    Other than that I run a small farm with dairy goats, horses and chickens, have worked as a gunsmith for 12 years and am a homeschooling mom to 5 awesome kids and wife to one great guy.
    Amber in MI

Welcome Amber! I am from Wyandotte MI. I was homeschooled and turned into a falconry bum so be careful about that LOL
    Isaac

How do!
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

howdy good luck on your quest
    HAROLD JAMES II

Hi Amber, lots of great info here. I'm from Dearborn, am a second year apprentice. I fly a MRT. Named Rocco!! Good luck. Falconry is an awesome lifestyle.
    Rich
    Rich

Welcome Amber! Lots of great read here. Like what Isaac said...be careful. ..falconry is very addictive I love horses! I took lessons on english riding for two years.
    Rey

Warren, Michigan

Hi Amber,
    Welcome to an obsession. If you have not yet looked at the Michigan Hawking Club website I would encourage you to do so. There are several falconers in your area, myself included. Have you been out with a falconer yet? I would suggest you try to get out before the close of the season which is coming up soon, as a lot of falconers will stop flying before the end of March, depending on how the local raptors are doing and how hormonal their own birds are.

Keep a watch on the calendar, we run a falconry workship in the summer, the date is not yet set (usually in June), but it is a good way to get some basic information on a what is involved, as it covers housing, medical issues, laws, equipment and a variety of other subjects. You do not have to be a member to attend the workshop. Kory (KidK) will be chiming in soon, he is the contact person for the club.
    Sue
    Sue

Tim
    Tim

Thread Information