Thread: Hawk Chalks and Journals on DVD!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hawk Chalks and Journals on DVD!!!!!

Ok NAFA members, you asked for it and NAFA made it happen. Now available in the Members Only Store is a DVD with all the NAFA Hawk Chalks and Journals up through 2012. There is an index and a search option. The DVD is only $10. It will also be for sale at all the NAFA meets.

Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a bargain, an incredible base of information and history for $10!!!
    Ross Dirks
    Pheasant hawker in NW Iowa

Wow, that's an excellent deal! I'm off to purchase a copy for myself.

Thanks to all who made it possible to bring this to us. Must have been a lot of work. You're appreciated.
    Shadera

Wow, I can't believe its only $10, I was ready to pay a lot more. Love the digital age!!
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

what a deal just ordered mine!
    Comeaux
    IT'S NOT THE KILL...IT'S THE THRILL OF THE CHASE!

"Emperor Coon Ass"

Fred,
    Not to nitpick but when you order with Paypal it says something like
    "thank you for renewing your dues"

Ron
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Just ordered my copy the other day. Can't wait to get it and start digging. What a phenomenal deal.
    Very Respectfully,
    Bryce Papke

Just want to add my "Thank You" to the Archives post above, and take a moment to point something out to everyone reading this who is a member of NAFA. This project is the direct result of something happening because it was requested by a NAFA member. YOU guys and gals are NAFA. If you want to see something happen, approach a Director about it, or fill out an "Agenda Request Form" (on the website) and it will be discussed during the following board meeting. Anything is possible. Some projects take more time than others, and many times, if you suggest something that is a good/valuable idea or project, we will ask you to lend a hand with the committee work that it will take to get it done, but it's worth it for the greater good of the Association.

I don't mean to preach here, I'm just tossing out a reminder: if you've got an idea, come forward with it.

Scott McNeff
    NAFA Northeastern Director
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Quote Originally Posted by mainefalconer View Post
    Just want to add my "Thank You" to the Archives post above, and take a moment to point something out to everyone reading this who is a member of NAFA. This project is the direct result of something happening because it was requested by a NAFA member. YOU guys and gals are NAFA. If you want to see something happen, approach a Director about it, or fill out an "Agenda Request Form" (on the website) and it will be discussed during the following board meeting. Anything is possible. Some projects take more time than others, and many times, if you suggest something that is a good/valuable idea or project, we will ask you to lend a hand with the committee work that it will take to get it done, but it's worth it for the greater good of the Association.

I don't mean to preach here, I'm just tossing out a reminder: if you've got an idea, come forward with it.

Scott McNeff
    A bit off topic, but how did your trip to the Keys turn out, or are you still there?
    Ray Gilbertson-Montana

Quote Originally Posted by mainefalconer View Post

Scott McNeff
    My request is to have NAFA directors not let their wives post pictures of their Florida vacations on their Facebook pages so that OUR wives stop asking us to take them to Florida. Where do I get one of those forms?
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post
    My request is to have NAFA directors not let their wives post pictures of their Florida vacations on their Facebook pages so that OUR wives stop asking us to take them to Florida. Where do I get one of those forms?
    I bet we can get a petition for that...
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by JRedig View Post
    I bet we can get a petition for that...
    Send me one, too.

On topic- I got my DVD the other day and it's GREAT.
    Bryan Kimsey

Just ordered my DVD - sure sounds like a great deal to me! Thanks NAFA!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Got mine over the weekend...what a great trip down memory lane. And all the great articles and stories I'd missed are now coming to life. Many thanks to those for their effort to get this done.
    Jeff Owens

To all of us who were not falconers in the 1980's I suggest you read the Hawk Chalks from 1984 to get a "realtime" view of what was going on during Operation Falcon. Read and learn.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Thanks for the suggestion Paul. I just spent all morning reading through that stuff. Extremely interesting. (also interesting to see McElroy's Desert Hawking II being sold by Harry himself for $17/copy! I bet some of the ol' boys wish they'd bought several copies back then at that price!)
    Scott McNeff

Maine

Thread Information