Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, and say "Wow" am I glad I found this site. From what I have read so far, it seems there are a LOT of really great people that frequent the forums.

I have been interested in falconry since I can remember, I have always been extremely fond of all predators, though up to this point it has been the coyote that has been the focus of my efforts. That is how I met the gentleman that created in me the absolute desire to become a falconer. I met him in the Rock Springs, WY Gart Bros Sporting goods store where I worked, we were talking about hunting coyotes (I am pretty much always talking about hunting coyotes) and he told me that he had a dream of killing coyotes with a Golden Eagle, he further explained that he was a falconer and not only had a permit for a Golden Eagle but that he currently had one! It's so funny how fate works, at that very time I was reading "The Compleat Falconer" by Beebe at the local library (they wouldn't let it be checked out). He told me I could borrow his copy and went right home and got it for me. I was floored, this was a guy I had just met 15 minutes ago and he's lending me a priceless (in my mind) book. Incedently that's been my experience with every falconer I have ever met, you guys are the SALT of the earth. Anyway for the life of me I can't remember his name as I moved to Denver before I could start my apprenticeship with him.

That was in the spring of 1994. During the time that passed the "dream" never died, just got put on hold.... Until now! I am currently extremely close to having my apprentice license!! It will be a reality for me after all these years!!

Anyway sorry for the rambling (my wife says to please not use my real name ) But I thought I'd share some of the journey that got me here.

Thanks for reading,

Todd Shipp