Thread: Hi everyone! from Summit County, CO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi everyone! from Summit County, CO

Hey everyone, I just joined the forums to learn all I can about falconry. I am thinking about getting into the sport this summer/fall and this seems to be one of the more active falconry forums. I am located in summit county, Colorado and was hoping to meet a falconer in the area to get a first hand experience with falconry.

Conor McCarthy

Conor! MANY years ago, I lived in Sedgwick, CO - a TINY burg in NE corner of the state. Way down in SE Texas now. Am sure some Colorado folks will post to say "hi". Have fun learning about and entering into falconry! It's great!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Conor,

Welcome! Very nice part of the state for sure. If you have the chance, consider coming to the Colorado Hawking Club's banquet next weekend (Sat, 13th) in Denver. I know of a few falconers from the western slope who will be attending. This event is usually a great time for those interested to make some contacts and begin the adventure of becoming a falconer.

Feel free to message me or email me (andyraptortrainer@gmail.com) and I can provide you with more info. I can also point you in the direction of some who can help you get started.

Andy Hall

I always see a lot of Redtails around Lake Dillon, and a Gos at Copper once. When the time comes you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a bird.

My brother used to live in Frisco and I used to guide the Blue sometimes when I lived in Buena Vista, so I've spent a fair amount of time in your neck of the woods. I miss it a lot.
    ~Matt (formerly of Tampa)
    Dogs are my favorite kind of people.

Thread Information