Thread: who is imprinting '13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default who is imprinting '13

So who is pulling what this year? Wild or captive bred, just want to hear who is planning to raise a little down grenade.
    Thanks,
    Wes

I may be raising a pair or three of males goshawks together and trying a dual/triple hack with them. There has been some interest in this by perspective buyers and it is intriguing to me also. we'll see. You?
    "you believe you understand what I said, do realize what you heard is not what I meant"
    Barry

I will be imprinting a female saker and a female lanner for breeding. I will also be imprinting a female Barbary for a friend, did a gyrkin for her last year and she is very happy with him.
    Hope to also have a superb tiercel if a friend breeds one for me, as a future hat bird.
    Busy times ahead.
    George,

Quote Originally Posted by goshawks00 View Post
    I may be raising a pair or three of males goshawks together and trying a dual/triple hack with them. There has been some interest in this by perspective buyers and it is intriguing to me also. we'll see. You?

sounds like a big experiment. Hope you will keep us posted for that! I want to imprint something small. Sharpshinned is first choice, merlin is second choice. Been a few years since I have flown anything truly small.
    Thanks,
    Wes

I hope to be imprinting my first goshawk this year. will be hitting the woods next week looking for them.
    Chris
    Goshawks get it done with style

I may be imprinting either a gyr/prairie or a goshawk or both this summer, that is, if I can make them.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope to pull 2 goshawk this year
    David Haro

Auburn, California

Quote Originally Posted by skooky20 View Post
    I hope to be imprinting my first goshawk this year. will be hitting the woods next week looking for them.
    Find a nest?
    Thanks,
    Wes

Yes i have 2 nests lined up so as long as nothing happens to them between now and when i pull i should have a goshawk.
    Chris

Talking

Okay, so I'm feeling a little "back shelved' here. How come nobody seems to be interested in a blow by blow description of raising my imprint call duckling?
    Ray Gilbertson-Montana

Default "Shep"

Ray,
    I really think you're kind of holding out on everybody. You probably don't feel the intensity for info. Give it up man! We need photos of "Old Shep". Believe me when I say we are on the edge of our seat. I'm about ready to quack up!
    All the best Ray
    Allen
    Allen Gardner

Quote Originally Posted by falcon56 View Post
    Okay, so I'm feeling a little "back shelved' here. How come nobody seems to be interested in a blow by blow description of raising my imprint call duckling?
    Sure Ray, while we are waiting for Chris to pull his gos tell us all about it. You can be like one of those "human interest" stories that CNN airs when they don't have any real news.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Well, since you all won't give me a moments rest. "Pulled" her at 1 day of age, usual imprinting procedure in the house until she became to mobile, then outside. Pretty pleased she's not a screamer, but she does have a tendency to peep quite a bit, tho lately her voice is changing and is getting close to a quack. She is a bit grabby when I feed her wax and meal worms, no mantling tho & using a remote clicker to bridge positive behavior etc. but doesn't seem to be getting through to her. "Shep" because she heels better than any dog I've ever had, and who in their right mind would name a duck, "Fido" or "Rover"- I mean, c'mon!
    Ray Gilbertson-Montana

Well, since you all won't give me a moments rest. "Pulled" her at 1 day of age, usual imprinting procedure in the house until she became to mobile, then outside. Pretty pleased she's not a screamer, but she does have a tendency to peep quite a bit, tho lately her voice is changing and is getting close to a quack. She is a bit grabby when I feed her wax and meal worms, no mantling tho & using a remote clicker to bridge positive behavior etc. but doesn't seem to be getting through to her. "Shep" because she heels better than any dog I've ever had, and who in their right mind would name a duck, "Fido" or "Rover"- I mean, c'mon!
    Again Ray, no one is going to believe you until we see pictures! LOL
    Fred

Are you doing a tame hack? Using lots of baggies?
    Ron N1WT Vermont

A little help for Ray posting his Shep pictures.

Here are the pics of Shep. She's getting a "baggie" wax worm in the 1st pic, the rest are glamor shots.

Fred

Dont get me wrong i would love to climb the tree myself but that just aint happening. I am so afraid of hights and i would break the tree lol
    Chris

Wes, I imprinted a little tiercel anatum from Bill Murphy last year and a little grenade he is! Good lure flyer and game bird but he can be a little mouthy and carries on occasion "loves to tear up a good quail all over my neighbors rooftop" I'm sure they love me... I did everything I could to avoid bad manners but I suppose practice makes perfect with imprinting. Joseph

one more week, and its killing me lol.
    Chris

A 5 week old female Barbary I am imprinting for a friend.
    Had to tether her today after she proved she could fly.
    George,

A second year tiercel peales I am imprinting for another friend.

George,

Starting the 15th day with this one of a kind. She (supposedly) was 305 grams this morning and trying to stand up but still a bit too unsteady.
    Pete J
    It's all just too Zen for me.

Hello,

I am working with a Cooper's this season. Pulled her this weekend.

Vincent from East Tennessee

What do you plan on flying with her Vincent
    Jordan Turner (cooler than a polar bears toe nails)

The gods did not shine on me this year first nest was a dud and second nest only had one in it. Maybe i will get lucky next year
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by skooky20 View Post
    The gods did not shine on me this year first nest was a dud and second nest only had one in it. Maybe i will get lucky next year
    Aw man. Hate to hear that.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by xjturnerx View Post
    What do you plan on flying with her Vincent
    Starlings, Pigeons, and Doves are plentiful around here. I have a couple of places with quail but not many. A friend had a hen Cooper's that caught squirrels regularly. This girls has large feet and her mother was one of the bigger birds I have seen. She was quite aggressive at the nest also. I hunted with a male last season (her brother) and had fun with the house sparrows but wanted something bigger.
    Vincent from East Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by vlp View Post
    Starlings, Pigeons, and Doves are plentiful around here. I have a couple of places with quail but not many. A friend had a hen Cooper's that caught squirrels regularly. This girls has large feet and her mother was one of the bigger birds I have seen. She was quite aggressive at the nest also. I hunted with a male last season (her brother) and had fun with the house sparrows but wanted something bigger.

Congrats on the new bird. Hope you start a thread on here about her development and hunting!
    Thanks,
    Wes

I have two imprints comint this year. A Saker and a EEO. Possibly a third but time is getting short?
    ~Erik Swanson~

Washed meat and stones will cause a hawk to fly;
    Long fasting and no castings will cause a hawk to die.

Here is one of my summer projects, a male Siberian (albidus) goshawk named Ja̎ger :-). He was bred by my father (Mark Moglich) this year.

Here he is not long from when he hatched.

Getting some quality nap time.

Ja̎ger earlier today
    Ryan Moglich
    americangyrs.com

Ryan that is just awesome man! I sure hope you let us know how he does this year
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

The weekends results.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian in Montana---
    Montana is FULL. I hear South Dakota is nice. www.lchoods.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Ryan that is just awesome man! I sure hope you let us know how he does this year
    Thanks Chris, I'll make sure to post some updates throughout the season.
    Ryan Moglich
    americangyrs.com

Thread Information